Best Off-site Mexican Restaurant

Queen-Bee

Mouseketeer
Apologies if i am asking a question that has been asked before but all of the previous questions seem to be south of 2016.

What would you say is the best Best Off-site Mexican Restaurant?

Even if its not a Mexican Restaurant, Do you have a favourite/must go to place? just looking for some different idea for our honeymoon in October.

Thank you!

We like Chuy’s - it was my first time having Tex-Mex food which can’t be found here in CA. :goodvibes

For other restaurant choices: Oceanaire for seafood - they have a great Happy Hour bar menu with lots of choices; Kabooki Sushi - best to make a reservation; Tiffins in Animal Kingdom.

Chuy’s is good, but I love Uncle Julio’s. I like Uncle Julio’s a lot more. It’s out of Texas and is real Tex-Mex.

Johnnie’s Hideaway at Crossroads is an excellent restaurant - steak and seafood.

Chuy’s is good, but I love Uncle Julio’s. I like Uncle Julio’s a lot more. It’s out of Texas and is real Tex-Mex.

Johnnie’s Hideaway at Crossroads is an excellent restaurant - steak and seafood.

Where is Uncle Julio's? We might try that during our next visit.

Are there any good MEXICAN restaurants in the area? Not Americanized Tex-Mex; but real Mex? Would kill for a place with a decent Panderia and real Mexican dishes. Taking a timeout from Orlando next year to head back to Mexico and get some REAL tasty cuisine.

No; my DD has not been able to find Mexican (that you’d find in California) nor good Chinese Cantonese restaurants in the Orlando area.

Chipotle is where she goes for Mexican but it’s not even that comparable to the taquerias in CA.

My favorite Mexican Street food restaurant is called Hunger St Tacos in Winter Park- a bit of a trek, but it’s great!

I also love Border Grill over by Universal. Cheap prices and the tacos are fantastic.

Just spent last week focused on a local eatery exploration trip, but only did Latin (Sofrito)/Venezuelan(Q'Keenan)/Fish(Winter Park Fish Company) and Yellow Dog Eats. Going back in a few weeks for our next off-site dining and may try some Mexican, but nothing I can recommend at this time.

So my honeymoon choice would be Yellow Dog Eats; it's entirely unique (and should give you and yours a lasting memory). The Holy Crap sandwich (actual name) was outstanding. Also shared/tried the PB sandwich (Puppy Love) and whoever came up with adding chocolate chips should get an award! Beer cheese soup was also way above average.

These are budget friendly eateries, so not sure if you're looking for signature or higher end dining?

Are there any good MEXICAN restaurants in the area? Not Americanized Tex-Mex; but real Mex? Would kill for a place with a decent Panderia and real Mexican dishes. Taking a timeout from Orlando next year to head back to Mexico and get some REAL tasty cuisine.
Not that I know of.

Just spent last week focused on a local eatery exploration trip, but only did Latin (Sofrito)/Venezuelan(Q'Keenan)/Fish(Winter Park Fish Company) and Yellow Dog Eats. Going back in a few weeks for our next off-site dining and may try some Mexican, but nothing I can recommend at this time.

So my honeymoon choice would be Yellow Dog Eats; it's entirely unique (and should give you and yours a lasting memory). The Holy Crap sandwich (actual name) was outstanding. Also shared/tried the PB sandwich (Puppy Love) and whoever came up with adding chocolate chips should get an award! Beer cheese soup was also way above average.

These are budget friendly eateries, so not sure if you're looking for signature or higher end dining?

Both really, we don't mind which kind of class the restaurant is, as we don't have any good Mexican restaurants here in the UK.

The locals like El Tenampa on 192. Not a chain and more authentic.

For lunch, you can also check out Hot Krust, but I certainly don't consider it romantic.

Going back over to WDW next week and the week after to do more offsite eatery exploration(s); will let you know if anything stands out.

Last edited:
For lunch, you can also check out Hot Krust, but I certainly don't consider it romantic.

Going back over to WDW next week and the week after to do more offsite eatery exploration(s); will let you know if anything stands out.
How was Sofrito? We’ve been meaning to try it as we were interested in Venezuelan entrees. Would you suggest Q’Keenan over Sofrito?

Last edited:
I haven't been to the one in Celebration but I have been to the Columbia Restaurant in Clearwater Beach and it was wonderful. They have 9 locations in Florida and is very well known. Website below has more info and the menus by location.

http://www.columbiarestaurant.com/

How was Sofrito? We’ve been meaning to try it as we were interested in Venezuelan entrees. Would you suggest Q’Keenan over Sofrito?

Had the Churrasco steak with tostones and red beans. It was excellent.

IMG_20180425_194412_749.jpg

Q'Keenan, for lunch, I opted for the Santa Barbara with grilled chicken. We also shared a cheese empanada. The tarter sauce was an odd choice for my chicken pocket, but astonished me how good it mixed.

IMG_20180425_134856_611.jpg

Based solely on the food served, I give an edge to O'Keenan. It is a small location near Floridays and somehow over the past decades, I missed it (I think the waitress told me they have been there for 18 years). Pricing was reasonable, but the fresh bread pocket and the generous amount of chicken was very surprising.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!