Best Off Property Restaurant

Gen BBQ on Harbor Blvd in Fullerton is a chain but very good. I haven't been to this location but would recommend going to dinner rather than lunch. More choices for just a few bucks more. Price is per person for all you can eat.

If you like boba tea/bubble tea, I recommend Sharetea in Fullerton. Ding Tea is good and closer to Disney.

Is Thai Nakorn far from Disney? We love good Thai!

About 10 minutes away in Garden Grove near Garden Grove and Harbor. Both Thai places are close to each other, but we used to be able to get delivery from Fa Sai Thai. So it was just a matter of laziness in choosing our Thai fix source.

About 10 minutes away in Garden Grove near Garden Grove and Harbor. Both Thai places are close to each other, but we used to be able to get delivery from Fa Sai Thai. So it was just a matter of laziness in choosing our Thai fix source.

Thanks - I'm going to write that one down!

Marri's Italian is great!

Looks like that's not far from where we're staying- Hilton Anaheim. What did you have there that's good? Pizza, or pasta?

Is it better than Naples in Downtown Disney?

Last edited:

Looks like that's not far from where we're staying- Hilton Anaheim. What did you have there that's good? Pizza, or pasta?

Is it better than Naples in Downtown Disney?
We've had the pizza, but also had great recommendations on the pasta. And WAY better than Naples.

We've had the pizza, but also had great recommendations on the pasta. And WAY better than Naples.
Hard to believe. The pizza at Naples is about as good as the pizza we had in actual Naples, Italy---amazingly good.

Other local restaurants I recommend are Roy's at GardenWalk (a chain, but a small one and always good), Anaheim White House, and The Hobbit in Orange.

-Anaheim Packing District
-Umami Burger (right next to the Packing District)
- Zankou Chicken in Anaheim. Zankou is a small local LA institution. This is the only Orange County location. I’ll go out on a limb and tell you that it’ll be one of the best chickens (either the chicken tarna or their rotisserie chicken) that you’ll ever have. The environment is meh, but the food is awesome.

If you’re from New York, the following comparison might make sense. When Halal Guys opened here in the LA area, we heard so much hype about their food. To put it mildly, Zankou completely blows them out of the water and my wife and I would never go there over Zankou.

-Anaheim Packing District
-Umami Burger (right next to the Packing District)
- Zankou Chicken in Anaheim. Zankou is a small local LA institution. This is the only Orange County location. I’ll go out on a limb and tell you that it’ll be one of the best chickens (either the chicken tarna or their rotisserie chicken) that you’ll ever have. The environment is meh, but the food is awesome.

If you’re from New York, the following comparison might make sense. When Halal Guys opened here in the LA area, we heard so much hype about their food. To put it mildly, Zankou completely blows them out of the water and my wife and I would never go there over Zankou.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/zankou-chicken-anaheim?utm_source=ishare

Eh link won’t work.

Hard to believe. The pizza at Naples is about as good as the pizza we had in actual Naples, Italy---amazingly good.

Other local restaurants I recommend are Roy's at GardenWalk (a chain, but a small one and always good), Anaheim White House, and The Hobbit in Orange.

I love Naples, and way prefer it to Marri's. Marri's is more typical American pizza though, thicker crust, heavy on the cheese. It's a matter of preference, I suppose.

Keep an

Use https://www.yelp.com/biz/zankou-chicken-anaheim

I'll suggest the Original Pancake House on Lincoln Blvd east of Harbor Blvd. Open 6am-2pm, always busy.

Another "always hopping" place is Los Sanchez, a Mexican counter service place on Garden Grove Blvd, just west of West St (aka Disneyland Drive).

I'll also suggest Karl Strauss brewery on Orangewood facing Angel Stadium. Very good food IMO. Golden Road brewery is just west on Orangewood, an easy walk. Others might suggest other breweries in Anaheim, there are quite a few now. One thing I like about Strauss is that they list the IBU score for each beer, so if you like "hoppy" beers you can look for a high IBU. Or in our case we look for a low IBU.

We have found a couple that we'd like opinions on please: The Catch, and King Harbor Seafood. We are seriously considering both of these, but would love some feedback from those that have eaten at either of these places. Thanks!

Cortina’s is a great casual local Italian deli, pizza, pasta place. Lots of menu options. There is also a market next door with wonderful authentic Italian desserts! We stop by every trip.
https://cortinasitalianfood.com/

Agree with the In-N-Out suggestion especially if u have not been. Very California. Very inexpensive burgers. Check out secret menu items for a bit of fun. My normal order is burger animal style, light on sauce, with chopped peppers and extra tomato. ;) oh, and well fries.

Also glad OP already decided to check out the packing house. Cool vibe food court with lots of interesting options. One of my teen daughter fav when we finally went last year.

Sabroso Mexican Grill has authentic Mexican food that is muy delicioso. It's on Harbor, about 3 miles from DLR in Garden Grove (hole in the wall strip center place, but filled with locals, so you know it's good). We always go at least once on every visit. (and In-N-Out, though we have them now in Texas (YAY), so I don't need to get my fix on vacay.)

We ate at the White House on our last trip and really liked it. It is a close drive or Lyft/Uber ride away.

Sabroso Mexican Grill has authentic Mexican food that is muy delicioso. It's on Harbor, about 3 miles from DLR in Garden Grove (hole in the wall strip center place, but filled with locals, so you know it's good). We always go at least once on every visit. (and In-N-Out, though we have them now in Texas (YAY), so I don't need to get my fix on vacay.)

Also recommend Sabroso's. We don't have "authentic" mexican food in OK where I live now but I grew in up SoCal and can't go back there without eating some great mexican food. We eat there every trip. I go to Dallas every couple of months so I get my In-n-Out fix there too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!