* Best "New" Restaurant

DisneyaHolic23

DIS Veteran
We visit Disney from Seattle usually twice a year. It is hard to keep up with all the changes!!!

So, when we go in June, what newer restaurant would you recommend? (Please put the name and location of the restaurant.)

Thank you for helping us try something new!

Assuming you haven't been in the last year or so, I'd try the following "newbies":

Sebastian's. It's at one of the moderate resorts.

Wine Bar George. Great bang for the buck @ Disney Springs.

Jaleo. Also at DS and offers a signature and quick service experience.

Hi! I like in Kirkland, and tend to have the reaction in Disney that 'it's good, but the local wine bar/pho joint/sushi bar/gastropub at home is just as good if not better'.

-Wine Bar George was good, we weren't disappointed at all and enjoyed our time.
-Enzo's Hideaway is one of our new favorites. Italian better than almost any place I've been to in the Seattle area the last few years. The caprese salad is different than what you will normally see, and possibly my favorite version of that dish I've ever had.
-Jaleo is great, ate there last week. There's not a whole lot of Spanish food in Seattle (I love Pinxto in Belltown, but it's a very different vibe than Jaleo), so it's a great opportunity to have a cuisine we don't have a lot of locally.
-I also enjoyed the gazpacho at Pepe. It comes in a tiny juice bottle. Very, very good.

Only a handful have opened since September, so I'll also include one you might not have yet tried.
NEW and in Disney Springs
- Enzo's Hideaway: Another vote from me. We took lunch there and were pleasantly surprised. Food was fresh, lovingly crafted; service was excellent; and they had a decent wine list.
- Jaleo is a treat and unique and brand new.
NOT NEW
- Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar (Epcot): no ADRs but a fun atmosphere, especially if you can get into the little cove area with the love seats and coffee tables--excellent antipastos and wine list

Well, it's not so new as to not have been there the last time you went, but the newest restaurant that I really like is Skipper Canteen in MK. It's definitely worth trying if you haven't!

I loved Enzo's at Disney Springs last summer. Went for the Sunday night special dinner and it was exceptional. I'm not Italian and don't have great Italian restaurants near me at home. But thought the food and ingredients were fresh, good quality, service very, very good and theming in the underground smuggler restaurant top notch.

Thank you all for your replies. I look forward to trying many of the suggested locations in June.

* We did do The Edison for drinks and appetizers (loved the bacon candy!) and it warranted a repeat visit.
* We also loved Enzo's Hideaway for drinks, and the little place above it for breakfast.
* Dying to try Wine Bar George, but was a little aghast at the prices of charcuterie boards - has anyone tried them? Maybe they are a great value, but I am not sure since the prices were so steep.
* We did Skipper's Canteen right after it opened, and it was just OK - need to try it again because they may have been working out kinks; I had been hoping there would be more of a schtick by the servers, reminiscent of Jungle Cruise...
* We visit Tutto Gusto every trip, while we are doing a Drink Around the World Showcase pub crawl. It is one of our many "happy places"!
* I have read that Jaleo is a must-do also. My husband is pretty picky about creamy stuff - will he be OK?

I really do appreciate your responses! I welcome any other responses! Please know that although we go often, we haven't hit every restaurant yet, even if they were opened long before September! Please add any of the newer restaurants you have enjoyed!

* We did Skipper's Canteen right after it opened, and it was just OK - need to try it again because they may have been working out kinks; I had been hoping there would be more of a schtick by the servers, reminiscent of Jungle Cruise...

* I have read that Jaleo is a must-do also. My husband is pretty picky about creamy stuff - will he be OK?

Skippers... I think it can depend on the server. We've been (I think) four times. There's always been some schtick, but some more than others. Last time I had one of the fish dishes and it was fabulous (and remember, I live in the Seattle area!)

Jaleo...when we went we did the 15 course tasting menu. Three courses were desert. Of the rest, I think only one, the preserved tuna salad, fell into the creamy category, unless you count dipping sauces that can be avoided.

I am another vote for Skipper Canteen's! I have been there 3 times and we have it booked twice on our next trip. I am so excited for my chef husband to try it!

Jaleo...when we went we did the 15 course tasting menu. Three courses were desert. Of the rest, I think only one, the preserved tuna salad, fell into the creamy category, unless you count dipping sauces that can be avoided.

What did you think of Jaleo? I'm thinking of adding it to our plans and we'd do the tasting menu. I can't seem to find a lot of reviews on it.

Thank you all for your replies. I look forward to trying many of the suggested locations in June.

* We did do The Edison for drinks and appetizers (loved the bacon candy!) and it warranted a repeat visit.
* We also loved Enzo's Hideaway for drinks, and the little place above it for breakfast.
* Dying to try Wine Bar George, but was a little aghast at the prices of charcuterie boards - has anyone tried them? Maybe they are a great value, but I am not sure since the prices were so steep.
* We visit Tutto Gusto every trip, while we are doing a Drink Around the World Showcase pub crawl. It is one of our many "happy places"!

I really do appreciate your responses! I welcome any other responses! Please know that although we go often, we haven't hit every restaurant yet, even if they were opened long before September! Please add any of the newer restaurants you have enjoyed!

We ate at Wine Bar George last New Year's Eve and although we didn't try any of the charcuterie boards we saw groups of 2 to 5 enjoying them. Both the cheese and meat boards are in the realm of other restaurants' pricing so I'm guessing it's the meat and cheese board at somewhere around 50 bucks that is worrying. It certainly is bigger than the average charcuterie board so maybe searching for a pic via google will better say if it seems worth it to you.

As for creamy dishes at Jaleo quite easy to avoid and there are many other choices available. The croquetas de pollo have a creamy interior within that gloriously crunchy exterior. I'd assume the ensalada ruso is creamy based on the mayonnaise. The endive app (endibias) is filled with a goat cheese that is similar in texture to cottage cheese. Not sure if he would consider most of the rice based paellas creamy in texture but the one with noodles may better suit him. Just read the menu and go for it:).

FWIW, I have not been to the DS Jaleo, but I have been to Jaleo in Las Vegas. Its good tapas, but didn't blow me away
I've only been to DS Jaleo once. It's good tapas, and it is good because the ingredients are high quality. There were a couple of dishes we had there went beyond good to outstanding. I'd like to try more there because it is such an extensive menu with things I've never had.

As for creamy dishes at Jaleo quite easy to avoid and there are many other choices available. The croquetas de pollo have a creamy interior within that gloriously crunchy exterior. I'd assume the ensalada ruso is creamy based on the mayonnaise. The endive app (endibias) is filled with a goat cheese that is similar in texture to cottage cheese. Not sure if he would consider most of the rice based paellas creamy in texture but the one with noodles may better suit him. Just read the menu and go for it:).
Oh yes! The croquetas! those were fun.

What did you think of Jaleo? I'm thinking of adding it to our plans and we'd do the tasting menu. I can't seem to find a lot of reviews on it.
The food was great with a mix of traditional classics as well as more innovative ones. They had only been open two weeks, and the day we went was their first day with lunch AND they had just starting the tasting menu AND didn't have a drink pairing for it yet--those factors I'm sure contributed to service that was odd but attentive. After I got home I emailed Jaleo about the experience and was satisfied with their response and will return in the future as often as my husband can stand it :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter