Best/Most Convenient Grocery Store for Windsor Hills

webcreatrix

DIS Veteran
We've shopped at Target and Publix in the past, but I see there is now a new Walmart near Windsor Hills that offers grocery pickup. Any thoughts or opinions on best prices or least amount of hassle? I hate shopping on vacation, so I'd like to figure out whether we could just place an order ahead of time for pick up on the way in. What do you do?

Wal-Mart is probably gonna be your best bet if you're looking for low prices. It's just a few minutes away from Windsor HIlls. If you use their pick up it will save you time as well. I do like Publix for their bakery, deli, and produce so I usually end up just shopping there. But if you are on a budget and looking to save money then Wal-Mart is most likely your best option.

how do you time that if you want to pick up on way from the airport?

That's where I'm at with a little over a week until we arrive. We arrive at 2:30, check in is at 4, we are renting a car. I'm thinking 4-5 for pick up?

4 - 5 for pickup should work well enough, if you really feel the need to stop just before checking in to Windsor Hills. The new Wal-Mart is so close, though, that I would opt for a somewhat later pickup time. I always have a fear of flights being delayed, heavy traffic, road construction (which seems never-ending!) or something else throwing us off a precise schedule.

Now, I am the first to admit that I have had no personal experience with the pickup option, so I don’t know how long they will hold an order, nor the conditions under which the orders wait for pickup. Are they in a refrigerated area? That would be my other big concern, if I was ordering any perishable food. There may be no issues of this type and Wal-Mart may be able to hold orders for extended periods in safe food storage. If so, put in your order for the 4-5 pickup! It’s an excellent estimate of your arrival time under normal conditions.

However, if you have any reservations, select a later pickup time. Get yourself checked in and once you know that your vacation spot is everything you expected, pop back out to Wal-Mart. It will only take a few minutes.

We LOVE Windsor Hills (Windsor Palms, as well) and that new Wal-Mart is so convenient. Some of us, who are just too excited to be on vacation to sleep, have been known to do our shopping in the early, early morning, when the store is almost empty and we are home before others are even awake.

Last time we stayed at WH the Walmart was under construction. We have a stay booked for the fall and will probably give it a try.

We regularly use Instacart, Target pickup, and have used Walmart pickup in the past. I can vouch that groceries are held in a cooler/freezer as needed prior to pickup with WM. I’ve also never seen anyone penalized for a late pickup, although I don’t recommend doing this intentionally.

For WM pickup the timing for changes is farther out, like midnight prior to pickup. It’s harder to get short notice spots. With Instacart you can order and get it within two hours, edit until the shopper starts. Not sure how Instacart would work with a gated community like WH.

I have used the Walmart pick up at this location several time with absolutely no issues. If I were flying in and arriving at 2:30 with a 4 p.m. check in I would check in , get settled, go out to dinner and then after everyone was back to condo I would go alone around 8:30-9:00 p.m. and pick up order. That way I'm not rushed and can double check the order. It also gives me some leeway in case the flight is delayed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!