Best month for good weather and rates?

noopy

Mouseketeer
We just got back from a great trip and would love to go again and take other family members. We are all educators, so we need good rates (thinking value season), but want to go when we know the weather will be good. My dd and I have gone in April during spring break - awesome weather, terrible crowds. The crowds at that time would be too much for my father. Financially, it's going to be tough, but we found out when we lost my mom last year that we need to do things together while we can.
Anyway, please offer some advice on when we should go!
Thanks so much!

We used to go in early May or late September/early October when the children were younger and could more easily miss school. Weather was wonderful (warm enough to swim but not sweltering) and crowds very managable. This year May's attendance will be bolstered by the 50th anniversary celebration so crowds will be much higher than usual. The Wine/Food Festival in the fall has gotten more popular over the last few years but crowds are still very reasonable, IMO. Best of all, May is regular season pricing and late September is value pricing for resort rooms, a substantial savings if discounts/codes are not offered. Being educators, it may be harder for you to take the time off during the school year, but if possible, it would meet your needs for reasonable weather, less crowds and workable pricing.

P.S. I totally agree...take the time to enjoy being with your father now, as there are no promises of indefinite tomorrows

I'll agree with catnik. :)

May and September/October are the best crowd-wise. January to the very begining of February is also very slow.

I'd tell you to go for October, because of MNSSHP. :) I went to not one but THREE of them on my last trip. I loved being in the MK so late! Now, with night EMH it's not quite as exciting, but still a reason to go!

N.E.D.

NewEnglandDisney said:
I'll agree with catnik. :)

May and September/October are the best crowd-wise. January to the very begining of February is also very slow.

I'd tell you to go for October, because of MNSSHP. :) I went to not one but THREE of them on my last trip. I loved being in the MK so late! Now, with night EMH it's not quite as exciting, but still a reason to go!

N.E.D.

Thanks! Is MNSSHP crowded? Is it hard to get reservations for it? I know little about it, but it sounds like an idea for me to consider!
Thanks again! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter