Best month? Dec-March

GypsyMomma2Four

Earning My Ears
Hi all. We have a very limited time frame that we can leave our ranch and go to Disney. We are looking for a 7-10 day trip for our family of 6.

Pretty much 12/15-3/30. I would like to try and avoid the holiday crowds and spring breakers as much as possible. If you had to pick a week in this time frame what would you pick?

Thank you so much for your input.

Heidi

December is a great time to visit, but to avoid crowds the earlier the better. So if you chose 12/15 through 12/22 you’d be right on the cusp of the Yuletide crowds. Christmas at Disney is lovely for many reasons, but it’s VERY popular, as you can imagine.

Otherwise, my choice would probably be mid-January (after the MLK weekend) to mid-February (before the Presidents Day weekend) if avoiding crowds is important. After that you’ll hit the Spring Break crowds. Just my two cents based on our experiences....good luck with your decision!

I would echo beccasmom that Dec is a good time because of all the decoration. But in recent years, all of December has become a busy time, even earlier. So if you want to avoid crowds as the most important, then I would skip December.

I would aim for January between Disney marathon and MLK day. then maybe after MLK day but before Feb. Usually, there will be infrequent cold weather, pool parks may be closed, and maybe you'll put on a jacket, but it's still good time to visit.

https://wdwprepschool.com/disney-world-crowd-calendar/

Shoot for Jan - Feb and look up when the holidays / marathons are and avoid those. As other than the holidays and marathons, Jan and Feb are the slower months, as well as cooler. I'd rather be too cold than too hot, as at least I can wear a jacket, you can't too much about the heat. Also, in Jan, or Feb you might get a surprise day where it's not that cold at all.

While the holidays are a good time for decorations, it seems as if those times are always busy no matter what. The first week isn't too bad, however after that it starts to get crazy.

I personally love last week of February/1st week of March. Weather seems to always be about perfect! I don’t think the crowds are bad even though I know there are slower times but I’m coming from up north where I want some warmth!!! I don’t want to be cold on rides and I want to enjoy the pools

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!