Best Moderate King Bed Room

GabetrixDisney

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone

Recently had to move plans around and want everyone’s opinion.

We will be staying in July and have allocated a lot of downtime into our plans so we want to be comfortable. Unfortunately Coronado is not available so out of these 3 king bed rooms what’s the best for 2 adults?

• Caribbean Beach King Bed

• Port Orleans Riverside King Bed

• Port Orleans French Quarter King Bed
If I’m forgetting an option please feel free to drop your thoughts down below. Thanks

I would pick French quarter. Smaller resort and the walking path to Riverside is so pretty. It's the first stop for anybus from the parks. And the food court is amazing.

All King rooms at the moderate resorts will be nearly identical, save for the theme. The size and amenities are the same. It comes down to which resort you prefer. Of your choices, mine would be Riverside. We like the food court best and we like the boat to Disney Springs. POFQ is a good choice too, but we didn't like the single bus stop as it got crowded at times.

Of those 3 I would pick POR, simply because that’s my favorite moderate resort. As far as the king bed rooms there, it doesn’t matter except they will have, well, a king bed instead of 2 queens. Otherwise the decor is identical to the queen rooms in all resorts, just choose based on the resort and if you have a location preference in the resort make that as a request.

I believe the rooms at CBR are slightly larger than the other moderates, but I wouldn’t let that sway my decision. It’s not enough to make or break the room, and by simply having the king instead of 2 queens the room feels more spacious to start with.

I would pick POFQ. It's my favorite mod because it's quiet and calm, no building is more than 3-4 minutes from the pool/lobby and it doesn't allow dogs, like POR does. The food court is great and we love the boat to DS, as well as the one bus stop.

I prefer the decor of the Port Orleans area. The resorts are lovely and walkable and the boat to DS is great. I would avoid CB until all the construction with Riviera and the Skyliner is complete.

Since they are almost all identical (only difference is CBR rooms are 340 sq ft vs the other Mods at 314), I would look at the themes and amenities and pick the one you like. We really like all the Mods but have the PO resorts at the top of our list. To check out the PO resorts here is a great site https://www.portorleans.org/

Definitely POFQ, I like a smaller resort. POR would be second, and CBR would be third.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter