Best MK & water park days during 4th of July week?

FiveofusNL

Mouseketeer
Hello All. We will be in Orlando between June 30th and July 7th. Out of our 5 full days (July 1-6), we want to spend a day at MK, another at US/IOA and a day at one of the water parks. We are okay with missing the 4th of July fireworks, preferring to go on days that would be less crowded. We are typically at MK for rope drop, leave around 2 for downtime at the house and then go back around 6:30 for the rest of the evening. We normally visit at the end of June, so are used to it being crowded but not 4th of July crowded! Any suggestions on which day we should visit MK and which for a water park (not decided which one yet) to best avoid the biggest crowds?

MK is going to be mobbed on July 3rd and 4th, so I'd pick any other day.

For the water parks, honestly it doesn't matter a ton. Weekends are a bit busier, but not overly bad.

We were there that week last year. Other than 7/3 and 7/4 late at MK, I really didn’t think crowds were all that bad. Very manageable. I did some other ‘big ticket’ times in 2017 like NYE, Columbus Day, Spring Break, and thought the week of 7/4 was the most manageable of the bunch (I know that’s a very subjective statement).

If anything, the crowd 7/3 and 7/4 seemed like a late arriving crowd, so you can still get some rope drop mileage if you need to go to MK either of those days. I could be ‘off’ in that assessment though as I wasn’t in the park long enough either morning to really get a good feel.

Hard to say on the water park. I agree with the PP, probably any time during the week would be a coin flip.

Obviously this year you have TSL, so who knows how that will impact overall WDW crowd flows.

Good luck!

We do the waterpark on July 4th day, because we don't want to be in any park. We get there before they open, do the slides quickly, and spend a couple hours in the lazy river and wave pool. We leave after lunch. After the first hour or so, you're going to be waiting for any slides.

Thanks for the input everyone! I think we will hit MK on the Monday (2nd), US/IOA on Wednesday (4th) and a water park on Friday (6th).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter