• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best meal that doesn't cost 2 ts credits

fitzperry

DIS Veteran
On our last trip we tried CG and loved it. This time we plan to do Hoop De Doo as our only 2 credit meal. Where is the best meal (lunch or dinner) for a single credit? I was thinking of 'Ohana or Kona Cafe. How is Boma? Le Cellier? What else? If it makes a difference, we'll be there on Thanksgiving, when we'll also be celebrating my dad's birthday.

TIA!

My opinion only: Kona Cafe, Crab Cake appetizer, Char Crusted Filet entree, any dessert, and Kona is (or was) one of the restaurants that lets you include ANY non-alcoholic beverage. Oh, and if you think of it - could you possibly get me the recipe for the demi-glaze they use on the filet? :)

Le Cellier is to die for. The best fillet I had ever had (with yummy mushroom risoto).
That would be my recommendation.

Another vote for Le Cellier! :thumbsup2 Everything from appetizers to dessert was delicious. And our bill was about $165 for 2 adults and 2 children, which is more than some of the 2 TS places.

MMMM, Ohana's, Boma's, Le Cellar. These are all our favorites. I'm so excited to be going in September with the free dining plan. I am hoping to try a couple of new places. But it is hard to give up the tried and true also!

I would recommend either Le Cellier or Boma. We have been to Ohana a few times and sometimes it can be good and other times the meat has been very dry. :confused3

Chefs de France is stellar. Probably the best restaurant inside a theme park. Coral Reef actually used to be 2 TS, so it is pretty close to the border between the two classes of restaurant. Spoodles is really good to.

We love LeCellier and Kona. If I had to choose, I would probably pick Kona because they have some really different choices (to me anyway). I love the macadamia nut encrusted mahi mahi, and my son said the steak terriyaki is the best steak he has ever had.

Letsbgoofy said:
We love LeCellier and Kona. If I had to choose, I would probably pick Kona because they have some really different choices (to me anyway). I love the macadamia nut encrusted mahi mahi, and my son said the steak terriyaki is the best steak he has ever had.

Our 2 favorite choices too!!!

We plan to try coral reef again next week, so hopefully that too will join our list of favorites. Since LeCellier and Kona are our favorites, we are booked at them THREE times each for our trip later this month. There are do many choices at each, we never get bored with the food. We are booked at Coral Reef TWICE (it's a 13 days trip). You gotta love all of the desert choices at Kona Cafe'.

LeCellier - it was spectacular. I still drool for the cheese soup and pretzel bread. It is the first thing DH said we HAD to do this free dining trip!!!

n2mm said:
Our 2 favorite choices too!!!

We plan to try coral reef again next week, so hopefully that too will join our list of favorites. Since LeCellier and Kona are our favorites, we are booked at them THREE times each for our trip later this month. There are do many choices at each, we never get bored with the food. We are booked at Coral Reef TWICE (it's a 13 days trip). You gotta love all of the desert choices at Kona Cafe'.

So I'm not the only one who does this? I just booked LeCellier for 2 dinners and 1 lunch during our 10 day trip and Kona for 2 lunchs and a dinner. We are trying Coral Reef for the first time on our next trip so hopefully that will be added to our repeat visit list.

Le Cellier and Les Chef de France were my favorites of our trip. I am failry snobbish about my food and, honestly, most food at Disney is average at best. I was disappointed in the changes of some of my old favorites such as The Hollywood Brown Derby but I was very suprised by both of the fore mentioned restaurants.

I had beef both times and the food and the service were far above average.

HTH

Wow, people really love Kona! I haven't heard much for the dinners, but now I am thinking of trying it! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter