Best Mall Near Disneyland

South Coast Plaza or Shops at Mission Viejo
I second South Coast Plaza. Shops at Mission Viejo are nice (I’m actuallu there right now ha ha), but’s it’s quite a bit further away than South Coast Plaza.

Edited to add, South Coast Plaza has a really nice mother’s room sponsored by the Disney store. Changing tables, nursing rooms and a place for kids to play and watch movies. With Disney music and decor, plus attendants to help you (they even have complimentary diapers if you run out).

I second South Coast Plaza. Shops at Mission Viejo are nice (I’m actuallu there right now ha ha), but’s it’s quite a bit further away than South Coast Plaza.

It's 12 minutes further. I find Mission Viejo to be a more family friendly mall overall, though. It's easier to navigate and has a better food court and more family friendly sit down restaurants. SCP is all high end stuff, and is definitely a nice mall, but not so great for families with young kids.

Are either of these within walking distance? Is Garden Walk also within walking distance?

Garden Walk is within walking distance. I would recommend Block at Orange, which is 5 minutes away and also accessible via ART.
http://www.simon.com/mall/the-outlets-at-orange
http://www.simon.com/mall/the-outlets-at-orange/map
http://www.simon.com/mall/the-outlets-at-orange/stores

There has recently been some criminal activity at Block at Orange. I would not recommend it for families right now, and it's more of an outlet mall than anything else.

Garden Walk...can that even be called a mall? I mean, let's be real. I assume the OP wants to actually go somewhere that has stores that are open...;)

There has recently been some criminal activity at Block at Orange. I would not recommend it for families right now, and it's more of an outlet mall than anything else.

Ack. We were thinking about going there on our non-park day to see a movie and play at Dave & Buster's. Would we be better off sticking to Downtown Disney and the AMC theaters there? They should still be open on our trip. My husband and daughter absolutely love D&B so I thought we'd just see combine the two things over there.

Ack. We were thinking about going there on our non-park day to see a movie and play at Dave & Buster's. Would we be better off sticking to Downtown Disney and the AMC theaters there? They should still be open on our trip. My husband and daughter absolutely love D&B so I thought we'd just see combine the two things over there.

Try the Irvine Spectrum. HUGE, nice outdoor mall/entertainment complex. Has a D&B and 21 Screen Edwards movie theater. It's 15-20 min south of Disneyland. Super easy to get to. It is WAY nicer than The Block.

Main Place Mall in Santa Ana is cozy and about a 10 minute drive from Disneyland. There's a Boudin Cafe there if you have a hankering for clam chowder in a bread bowl.

South Coast Plaza is nice for walking. Right next to it are a few more shopping plazas with less high-end stores

If you are willing to drive a little and want to be near the beach, Fashion Island in Newport Beach is a nice, outdoor mall.

I don't live in the area so, I'm not sure if the burglery's were the crime your mentioning but it looks like they arrested the guy doing that thankfully:o...http://abc7.com/orange-police-arrest-suspect-in-mall-robberies/3187348/

Yeah, that's the recent one. There has been an uptick in robberies and parking lot muggings at malls in the area recently. I watch the local news and hear about stuff happening at Main Place Mall and Block at Orange a lot, although there was a recent mugging at South Coast Plaza in the Macy's parking lot, and a recent jewelry store armed robbery at Shops at Mission Viejo too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter