Best luau in Oahu

FoundMyPrince

DIS Veteran
We are visiting Oahu and staying at Aulani this July/August. (Yay!!!) We would like to experience a luau during the trip. Have you been to the luau at Aulani? Yay/nay? Is there a better luau on the island?

I can't say the best but we went to the one down the beach from Aulani at the Marriott and really enjoyed it. It is called Fia Fia

We did the Aulani, and compared to the Polynesian, we would to the Polynesian. That being said, i would bet there is a better one on Oahu. Have fun!

The Fia Fia on tuesdays next door at marriott is very good. Also there is a luau every night (weather permitting) at the entrance to KoOlina called Paradise Cove. These are the two that are accessible as they are within KoOlina. The luau at Polynesian Cultural Center is ok(meaning quality of food) but their show Ha Breathe of Life is very entertaining. But I would recommend a whole day there and experience all the little villages with the different pacific island cultures.

We did the Aulani, and compared to the Polynesian, we would to the Polynesian. That being said, i would bet there is a better one on Oahu. Have fun!

Hmmm...that's probably my least favorite dinner/show from our previous WDW trips. We may pass on Aulani luau.

I can't say the best but we went to the one down the beach from Aulani at the Marriott and really enjoyed it. It is called Fia Fia
I went to Fia Fia 3 years ago and Aulani last month. They are very different experiences. I liked them both. Food was better at Aulani. Disney storytelling throughout. Disney characters (moana and disney's version of Maui) make an appearance. all the performers were very strong. But I thought the pace was a little slow and the show a little long. a kid (probably about 12?) fell asleep at our table in the middle.

Fia Fia was a much more traditional luau when we went. Seemed to move at a quicker pace and have a bit more excitement (I think there were more fire dancers, for example. they only briefly appeared at Aulani, and that was the highlight for my 10 year old).

My kids liked them both, but as I said, they were very different. We did VIP at Aulani, and that was definitely worth it for us. But it is very pricey.

In my planning I was dead set on booking at Paradise Cove. I ended up booking the PCC for all the activities (my 18 yo daughter is excited to see EVERYTHING there), luau and the evening show. For the price of PC we get the whole day at PCC and the luau, evening show. However, I do have concerns about the quality of the luau food.

In my planning I was dead set on booking at Paradise Cove. I ended up booking the PCC for all the activities (my 18 yo daughter is excited to see EVERYTHING there), luau and the evening show. For the price of PC we get the whole day at PCC and the luau, evening show. However, I do have concerns about the quality of the luau food.
Don't sweat it. Paradise Cove food was fine, but nothing special. I'm sure PCC will be at least that good. Sounds like a great deal. We just wanted to be able to stroll back afterward.

We did Paradise Cove years ago and had a great time, my dd even got pulled on stage for one part of the show. We really enjoyed all the activities and food. :) Have a great time!

They are all different experiences for sure. We have always upgraded at PCC and the buffet has been fine. Haven't done the actual Luau there in years. Go to Paradise Cover almost every time we are in Oahu because it is fun....we get the VIP experience so that our food is served to us and you get a couple of extra drinks.......PCC is an all day event - but they don't open until noon so at least you can sleep in. Also, there are closed on Sundays.

We really enjoyed the Fia Fia at the Marriott next door. The chief is very funny and the food and show are really good. The Polynesian was all day and my kids liked touring the villages. The food was average but the show was great. I haven’t been to the Disney Luau because it wasn’t there when we were there last, just the free show no food.

Just experienced Aulani luau for first time 2 weeks ago (last time we were there they did not have one yet). Did Paradise Cove then. Have done Poly Cult Ctr too. All have pros and cons. To me the Aulani one was worth it based on convenience. All start early 5-6pm ish so if you want to have a full day doing something else you may need to cut it short to shower, get to the place, etc. When it's onsite like at Aulani you cut down on some of that time. We were very impressed with the Aulani luau (after reading mixed reviews) and the prices are nearly the same as the others. Thought food was good too. Just my opinion, of course.

Anyone tried Germaine’s Luau? They offer free shuttle to/from Aluani on weekends.

5C431B91-75B7-469F-8987-9568EFE13AEE.jpeg D52BA10D-D3E1-477D-B03F-44F03A557301.jpeg DA2DC13B-BC59-4E52-A45A-C39F8601EB1D.jpeg We just got back from Aulani and we did Paradise Cove. We did it for the location (close to Aulani and right on the beach), and the price. I bought an entertainment book before we left and it had a 25% off adult luau tickets coupon. We had four adults, so it was like getting one person in free.

Before the luau, you check in and get a lei and a mai tai (with or without alcohol). Then you are taken to you table. You have about an hour and a half before dinner, but there is LOTS to do. We took a canoe ride, played Hawaiian bowling, tried our hands at spear throwing, got “tattoos”, took pictures with parrots, shopped, and had drinks. They also had some mini shows like a flower toss and removing the pig from the underground oven

Food was ok... nothing spectacular, but apparently the pork was very good (I don’t eat meat). The show was well done. Some audience participation, br not overwhelmingly so.

I did the polynesian cultural center last week for the first time. We got super good military rate for the whole day - plus luau and buffet and HA breath of Life show. Thought it was terrible. The luau was soo short and a terrible rip off. The food was disgusting. The HA show was ok. The "islands" were nice and that's about the only good thing I can say about the place.

If you are in the military you can also do the Hale Koa luau. Much cheaper and kids are real cheap. Also they do some nice military tributes. At times they would let anyone attend but I think its just military now

Do any Luaus in Oahu have a pig roast on the beach? Can you watch them dig up the pig? Or is all the food prepared in commercial oven, maybe even located off-site?

-Paul

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter