Best location for OKW room requests

dvc lover 1970

DIS Veteran
I have never stayed at OKW, but I know it is a larger resort that can be spread out. excluding the HH booking category, what are the best locations/ building requests for OKW and why? Where is the walkway to Disney springs located there and how far of a walk is it?

Every bus will stop at the HH area before leaving to the parks. To return, the Internal/Disney Springs will staop at the HH area first and last. Just check that the bus is on the way IN vs. Out.

Every bus will stop at the HH area before leaving to the parks. To return, the Internal/Disney Springs will staop at the HH area first and last. Just check that the bus is on the way IN vs. Out.
Thank you. My reservation is not for the HH area. Do you think there is any building I should request?

Every bus will stop at the HH area before leaving to the parks. To return, the Internal/Disney Springs will stop at the HH area first and last. Just check that the bus is on the way IN vs. Out.
Or, walk from the HH over to the Peninsular Rd bus stop and hop any bus back to South Point or Turtle Pond. Miller's Rd isn't that far . Even if you are in the back areas, it's only about a ten minute walk to the HH area.

Studios are usually at the end of the building except in Bldg 14, 18, 35 and 38. They are located at the corners there and only the the porch door for a window, no other window in the room since they are sharing walls with the adjacent studio.

Thank you. My reservation is not for the HH area. Do you think there is any building I should request?
If you want to be close to HH and first bus out and in, go for Peninsular Rd (Bldg 27, 28 or 29).

We were in building 31 and loved that location. Close to Turtle Pond bus station but an easy 10 minute ish walk to HH when needed

We enjoyed the Millers road 2 bedroom we had, but we were on the front section close enough to walk to the HH. We have also stayed on Turtle pod road! Love the location, but it was very far from the HH and couldn’t walk and it was a pain waiting for the bus, I didn’t like waiting on a bus for everything!

I will have a car and I really dont want an interior studio. I had originally thought Turle Pond area and now I am thinking I should move to South point to avoid that room type. What do you think?

We are here right now - 2BR unit, so different accommodations, but we LOVE South Point. We've been coming for 26 years to OKW and have stayed all over the resort. I think I can safely say South Point is our favorite area. Especially Building 55. We got 5512 this time. It is quiet, out of the way and we love being right on the water and right near the walkway to SSR/Disney Springs (though honestly it has been so hot this week we haven't done the walk this time). We also love that there is a quite pool - that really lives up to its name with little pool traffic other than us - right next door to our building.

Definitely recommend South Point as a requested location.

I will have a car and I really dont want an interior studio. I had originally thought Turle Pond area and now I am thinking I should move to South point to avoid that room type. What do you think?
South Point is a pretty good location. Second stop for the buses.

We made our very first and a second trip to my former home resort last week for breakfast at Olivas and I got to get a close up look at the place. I would reallllyyyy want to stay in the HH section if possible. That place is huge!

We made our very first and a second trip to my former home resort last week for breakfast at Olivas and I got to get a close up look at the place. I would reallllyyyy want to stay in the HH section if possible. That place is huge!
Nah, not that big. More like walking in your neighborhood back home.

We will be staying in a 1BR for the first time in April. We would like a fairway view or water view. We have our car so no need to be close to bus stops. What building or location should we request? Thanks.

We will be staying in a 1BR for the first time in April. We would like a fairway view or water view. We have our car so no need to be close to bus stops. What building or location should we request? Thanks.
With those two requests, you are golden. Almost any location will give you that.

So what about the Pennisular Rd area? Being alone, I was thinking that might be safer since its closer to the HH area than South point would be.

My favorites are the 20's at Pennisular but if you want to be near the walkway to DS then stay at the Southpoint area. The path to DS is there. It's a nice walk. You can also walt to SS from there too. You can always get any bus to take you up to the HH.

So what about the Pennisular Rd area? Being alone, I was thinking that might be safer since its closer to the HH area than South point would be.
27, 28 or 29 would be okay and close to the Peninsular Rd bus stop. Plus not too far from the Hospitality House area.

anyone know what buildings are considered HH area? We got the HH area on our reservation and we arrive on Saturday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter