Best Inineraries for my group

skywalkr2

Earning My Ears
Hello all,

I just recently changed my travel plans at disney. We will now be staying in a FW Cabin. Our group includes me, my wife, two kids (3 and 5) and my mother.

I would like to be able to plan our trip a bit in advance, but don't want to find out too late that a certain activity was a bad choice for my young kids.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best place (book, website, etc) that can be used in order to get things in order?

FYI - I have been to Disney before, but never stayed on site. I really want to take advantage of this opportunity!

Thanks a bunch.

Chris Copeland
St Louis MO

for the age of your children Fort Wilderness will be a good place to stay, you have the nightly campfire and movie program which is FREE, nightly Water parade on Bay Lake, hay rides & carriage rides for a fee, petting zoo and pony rides, lots to do just in the campground alone, a character breakfast might be nice at the Contemporary resort "Chef Mickey's"

Thanks for the info...

Do you know of any guides that are available that might help? One that would include information not only about FW, but about the parks as well? and what might be good for kids? I know there are books, but I don't wan to spend $15 if I don't know what I am going to get.

Thanks,

chris

Welcome to the boards! I am going to the world for the first time myself in a couple of weeks. We have been to DD but never inside of the parks. Everyone recommended Birnbaums. I have seen copies of friends and I really LOVED them. Really easy to read and A TON of great information!! There are tips in there for everything!!!

There are 2 books offered by Birnbaum One for kids and one for adults. I ordered both from a closeout I heard about on Mousesavers.com. I got both, with express shipping for under $17.00.

The website is http://www.bookcloseouts.com

on the left of the screen, do a search for Birnbaum. 3 choices will come up. The first is for Disneyland. the second 2 are for WDW. For those prices, get both...that way the kids can help plan as well.

Hope this helps!!

Michele

Don't forget to check out your local library. Ours has tons of books on WDW.

I recently discovered a website called tourguidemike.com . It has alot of wdw information and sample itineries for you depending on the ages of your kids and what type of rides you are interested in. Some features of the site are "pay" (he's offering a special right now for $16.95...lasts from the time of purchase to 60 days after you return), but much of the site is free. He used to be a WDW tourguide and knows all the ins and outs to avoid lines! :) Defintiely worth a look. :bounce:

Ps Be sure to click on the hotels link, then Fort Wilderness. There is a "photo tour" with over 30 pictures! It also tells you everything you'll need to know about FW!!

And don't forget about wdwig.com--the best on-line guide to WDW around!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter