Best Hotel for the Money?

billwendy

DIS Veteran
Hi!

I hope to hear about all of the hotels on property or "close to the magic"...I have only stayed at the New York and that was a while ago. We are a party of 4 (3 adults, 1-11 y.o.neice).....we dont know wether to do 1 room or 2? I would like your advice as to the size of the rooms that have a double bed and a bunk bed in them,,,, i dont want us to feel like we are on top of each other (the adults are me, my hubby and his mom) but if there is enough room and it is a value, we would consider it....also what do you think about getting a room only rate if you want to spend a day in Paris?

thanks!!

Wendy:smooth:

Hi Wendy :wave: ,

The rooms are not a bad size, but if you are considering Santa Fe or Hotel Cheyenne then you would definitely need 2 rooms IMO, as 3 adults + 1 child would be a squeeze.

I don't think that any of the 6 onsite Disneyland Paris hotels have rooms with bunkbeds in them (someone please correct me if I am wrong). The new Mytravel Explorers Hotel apparently has lots of different room types and some of their rooms sleep up to 6 people. It is about 5 minutes shuttle ride from the parks.

If you did stay onsite and only had one room then remember that there would only be two beds between the 4 of you. We have been before and had 2 inter-connecting rooms and got a brilliant rate on the second room. With the door in the middle open it felt like a large suite. It's worth seeing how much this will cost.

The best thing to do is ring around and see what rates you come up with and chose the best option from there!

Richard. :)

The Cheyenne has a double plus bunks, and I think I read that some of the Sequoia Lodge rooms also have bunks n them but I'm not sure about this.

Regards

Rob

The Cheyenne has a double plus bunks - they aren't big rooms, there wouldn't be room for 2 double beds, but for us (2 adults and 1 child) the room was fine. The bunk is a full sized single, I slept in it one night and was quite comfy

We really like the Cheyenne, I thought the theming was great and the staff were superb.

Bev

Hi there...
do you consider staying offsite ?? If so i would highly recomment the tulip in hotel in bussy st george, very convenient 2 minutes to the public transportation bringing you to the park gates within 5 minutes by train..
you can take a look at www.goldentulip.com and search for country france and location paris disneyland. I stayes their quite a few times and will stay again this weekend and i think you should be able to get 2 rooms for the price of one disney room ( around 80 eur per night per room ).
It is very clean, nice rooms and my favourite choice

Stephan

Hi Stefan,

Do you know the cost of the train to disneyland? What do you think about the whole "staying in the magic" thing onsite vs offsite???

i was in Paris this weekend.... :-)
the train will cost you only a few EUR a day, maybe 10-12 EUR return....
To be honest i don`t think you have to many perks staying onsite in Paris, it is nice to walk from the Hotels to the park in the morning, but there are not too many characters around in the hotels and the cheaper hotels ( Santa Fe, Cheyenne ) could well use a refurbishment... i don`t feel getting value for my money there. ( they have no air condition and rooms are very small, breakfast is on a very basic level )
If you like you can mail me under megaelch@t-online.de with your travel plans ( luxury level :-) , length of stay, planned Disney days, planned Paris days, other interests .. ) and i will make a suggestion of ticket media i would use and hotel choices .....
no i am not running a travel agency and i am not affiliated with one :-) But traveled there numerous times.... :-)

Stephan

I am the other way round and think that when visiting Disneyland Paris you just HAVE to stay onsite!!

The resort hotels are all beautifully themed and you get Disney quality service throughout your entire trip. From my past trips I have seen a wide variety of characters in the resort hotels, and you also get the 'Disneyland Paris On-Site Resort Charge Card' which allows you to charge all your purchases to your room account. The restaurants are great too and at night-time there is the hotels own facilties (Swimming Pool (In Seqouia/NPBC/NY/DL), Games Room, Bars etc.) Plus Disneyvillage with its wide variety of shops, restaurants and bars - all close to the hotels.

I know it may be more expensive but at the end of the day, IMO it is worth every single penny for all the extras and great theming/service that you get.

Richard.

Wow, you guys both have some good points!!! We are still not sure of our plans, but are considering spending 2 nights in paris, and then transferring to DLP for the rest of our stay....any recommendations for a hotel in paris that is close to the train station east (we will be travelling in from frankfurt)? we are also thinking of taking one of those bus tours around paris. what do you think of that? one of the people in our group has bad knees and walking long distances can be painful for her..:cool:

Cannot help with the hotel in the city.. but if you do not mind the transfer time of 30 minutes you can stay at or near DLP ( :-) ) and choose to go to the city center by public transportation.. takes only 30 minutes by RER train right to the city center ... so you have the option to choose your days very flexible if you need a disney break ( did I really say THIS ??? ) :-)
The bus tour in Paris is a good idea, it is hop on hop off wherever you like and should be a good deal for you !!! You should consider doing a river Sein tour in the evening by boat, really nice, there are some options available to book directly from the resort area, there is an official tourist information kiosk located at the front gate of DLP !!!
One or all of you party should consider buying annual fantasia passes, they give you 20% discount on one day of your trip on all merchandise and restaurant bills and 10% on any other day of you trip... it is 229 EUR for both parks and this can easily pay for itself when you do some shopping :-)
If you do choose to stay onsite i would recommend Sequoia lodge, very nice and good restaurants and even with the bad knee in walking distance to the parks !!!
Stephan

Hi Stefan, thank you so much for your thoughtful advice!!! it really is hard to decide!!! all of the suggestions are a big help. i got the DLP brochure in the mail today!!!

thanks again, wendy

Hi Wendy....
just ask.... if we can help we are glad to do so.. i received so many good tips for our last WDW trip here...
FYI the 3 new Hotels.. Explorerer, Holiday Inn and ... forgot the name.. are not in walking distance like the other ones...
What are your travel dates for this trip ???? Maybe i can watchout for special deals for your party...
Stephan

We will be arriving in paris on monday october 13, and then were thinking of going to disney on wednesday morning the 15th, leaving saturday morning the 18th to fly back home to philadelphia.....thanks for all of your help and advice!!

Have a great trip.

The Halloween decorations will be up at that time of year, adding a little extra to your visit!

Regards

Rob

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!