Best Guess for soft opening of Incredicoaster?

luvvwl

Mouseketeer
Our flight leaves on 6/22 in the afternoon so we're missing the official opening by one day, sadly. Historically are there soft openings at DL like there are at WDW? TIA!

Our flight leaves on 6/22 in the afternoon so we're missing the official opening by one day, sadly. Historically are there soft openings at DL like there are at WDW? TIA!
Star Tours remake yes. It may have just been APs though. Guardians had a paid soft opening party. Hard to say what they'll do.

Yah, hard to say. Since Incredicoaster is really just a re-theme of California Screamin then they should have trained CMs to operate that ride already. They are supposedly redirecting the queue so that will have some differences. But I do not see a big need for a soft opening. I too am hoping for one too, like you! We are checking out June 23 an originally we were planning to fly out that morning. Now we have flights in the afternoon to give us time to to DCA on the morning of the 23rd. One minor problem is I have a DAP and am blocked that day. So I have to figure that out.

:wizard:

I see five different options for the days leading up to the opening of Pixar Pier (Incredicoaster):
1. A hard ticket event the night before the opening (like they did for GotG).
2. A media preview the day before (like they did for Pixar Fest)
3. An AP-only preview day
4. An unannounced soft opening
5. Nothing

Those are kind of in the order that I think are likely...it would be nice if they did a soft opening to work out the kinks, but as Hydroguy said, this is basically just a re-theming so they might not need much in the way of a soft-opening. Keep an eye on the Parks Blog as we get closer to the re-opening. They'll announce in advance if there is going to be a hard ticket or AP-only event beforehand. They probably won't announce anything for a media preview or a true soft opening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter