Best Footwear for Excursions?

kkayluvsdis

DIS Veteran
Hi All,

Looking for some advice and opinions here- What is your recommendation for footwear for "mixed" land/water excursions? We are doing our first excursion as a family with Soualiga Destinations on St. Maarten next month and then another beach type excursion the next day in St. Thomas.

I worry about flip-flops (especially for the kids) since they can be slippery on wet surfaces. If you wear water shoes what brand/style do you recommend? Wondering if "crocs" might be a good option for the kids. Ages are 11, 8 and 6.

Thanks as always for your help!

-Kelly

Although at a higher price-point than Crocs, I'm a big fan of Keen sandals. Most are waterproof and since they are hiking sandals, they are no problem if you are walking any distance.

Keens or Teva sandals work great if there's hiking and water.

If its just a water excursion, I usually just wear water shoes.

Here is one more vote for Keen sandals. They dry quickly and I love the ones that have toe protection. They are great for hiking and more active excursions, and actually have some arch support (as compared to regular flip flops anyway).

I definitely agree with everything above. Keens and Tevas are great. I usually wear Chacos and have no problem. Definitely go with Keens if you're looking for something with a closed toe.

As part of my pre-cruise obsession - I mean - planning, I kept an eye for marked down velcro sandals at Kohls...paid under $10 and they were PERFECT! super comfortable (although not particularly fashionable)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter