Best fireworks or evening shows?

JenniferFolsomCa

Mouseketeer
I am planning to hit all 4 parks this trip over the course of the week and I was wondering which you are fav evening (after dark) shows. I figure rides are the priority this trip, but want to see fireworks of some variety and/or a special show. Any thoughts? Suggestions? Descriptions of each of them?

Jenn

Star wars and Happily Ever After are the best imo

My order would be:
1- Happily Ever After: fireworks show and projection show. Visually full of Disney characters and movies.
2- Star Wars Spectacular: heavy projection show, with fireworks and lasers mixed in.
3- Fantasmic: character show with Mickey as the star. Fireworks at the end, tons of characters and stories about good vs evil
4- Illuminations: great fireworks show and feel of the world coming together as one. Needs to be updated though
5- River of Lights: show with water screens and floats. Really no storyline and doesn't feature any Disney characters. It was a one and done for us

My favorite is Illuminations, I could watch it every night.
Star Wars Spectacular
Rivers of light
HAE- I would rate higher, but the crowds are an issue for DH. I like watching the show from outside MK, but the projections and fireworks are best seen inside MK and worth it for us once.
Fantasmic- we are in the minority I think, but we really do not like Fantasmic. I think it's because we are not super into characters.

My Rankings:

1. Happily Ever After (Really liked the Garden Viewing with the Dessert Party.)
2. Star Wars: A Galatic Spectacular (Really a close second for me)
3. Illuminations
4. Fantasmic
5. Once Upon a Time - Projection Show on Cinderella Castle
6. Tree of Life Awakenings - Projection Show on Tree of Life
7. Electric Water Pagent - Parade of lighted boats/floats in the lagoon outside MK and the MK area resorts
8. Rivers of Light - Really didn't care for this obviously, not worth the FP+ or special dining, plus long wait prior to the show, plus uncomfortable seats

HEA and RoL are our favorites (although we've never seen the Star Wars fireworks). The only one we didn't like was Fantasmic.

The only one I feel like I have to watch is happily ever after. We thought fantasmic and the Star Wars show were just okay but we would rather take advantage of rides during those times. HEA is a must do for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter