Best Fine Dining 1 Credit meals

gskywalker

DIS Veteran
1) I am taking my 12(to become 13 while there) for a bday trip to Disney and she loves fine dining. I have been unable after searching to find a list of best fine dining restaurants that are only one credit. In particular she will be after steaks and seafood. I am not looking for just the food but the atmosphere and service as well(ie not something like Cape May that is a buffet).

2) When using the dining plan, if I order a "add on" to the meal, ie a chicken breast, shrimps, etc. that show on the menu as an add on, is it covered by the meal credit or would I have to pay out of pocket?

thanks everyone

1. One credit restaurants are generally not fine dining.
  • Use the "Search Menu Items based on the following criteria:" area of
  • this https://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningmain.cfm search engine to find restaurants that serve steak.
  • Then search for specific seafood items.
  • Choose restaurants based on which have food she will like.

2. Not, not included. Must be paid out of pocket.

Signature dining is all 2 credits. There are 1 credits that may be better than others, but for the most part they are like your average chain, quality wise.

I would look at the Grand Floridian Cafe. It's a nice setting within the Grand Floridian (obviously) and offers good food for one credit. You may want to look into some of the restaurants at Disney Springs as well. Just walking past all of the restaurants in that setting makes it feel as though you are eating someplace a little upscale.

If you think she would like the menu, I believe Morimoto Asia at Disney Springs is 1 table service at lunch.

I agree the Grand Floridian cafe has a more upscale atmosphere than many 1 credit locations. I would consider using 2 credits on a Signature and then paying oop for a cheaper meal.

Ale & Compass dinner, since the remodel, felt much more upscale to us and our teens.

Not technically fine dining any longer, but my 13 yo DD and actually my entire family really loved the Storybook dining at Artist Point.

I think Sanaa is the closest thing to a signature dining experience you can get for one credit. In fact, we like it better than Tiffins. Food, service, and atmosphere were all excellent.

Spice Road Table and Skipper Canteen are both pretty good with unique atmospheres and a more upscale feel than someplace like 50’s prime time, Cape May, etc.

These are best bang for the buck 1 TS restaurants with good food and atmosphere IMHO:

Chefs de France. Could almost be sitting on the Champs Elysee if you squint your eyes just right, LOL.
Lunch at Morimoto Asia currently. There is talk of making the lunch 2 credits same as the dinner but it hasn't happened yet to my knowledge.
Spice Road or probably Tangierine Cafe (haven't eaten there yet but hear much good of it)
Via Napoli.
Kona Cafe is a bit low on atmosphere but the food is serious for the price and it's quite comfy.
TD is more sophisticated in decor and food than TE.

In the QS category we enjoy Katsuri Grill and imagine we are on a Japanese mountain as we slurp back ramen noodle soup and crunchy shrimp tempura.
Sommerfest in Germany has wonderful surroundings and filling goodies (one giant pretzel feeds 2-3 people) such as various wursts and is our preference over Biergarten.
Yorkshire County serves great fish and chips and has outdoor seating by the lake. Very relaxing.

HTH.

A Disney 1 TS credit restaurant is not fine dining, but there are some pretty good meals to be found.

I am including my DGD's favorites here, and while she would nto be considered a "foodie" she has been dining out in very nice restaurants since she was a little one,

Tratorria AL Forno on the Boardwalk. Thi sis a family favorite, and was among our best on on=ur December trp. The steal was delicious, but our party ordered a variety of entrees, and liked all of them. We did not order teh whole fish, but I have had it and it was good.

AP Storybook dining. Again, not fine dining, but a lovely atmosphere, good food, and a The Queen!

Skipper's Canteen: Just plain fun and good food. Kady requested this one.

Sanaa: great food and atmosphere.

Personally, if you are looking for fine dining I would Spring for a signature dining restaurant. Kady's favorite is Narcoossees, however she also enjoys California Grill. SHe liked the bison recently, and you cannot beat that view.

Morimota Asia lunch for me, hands down. Last time we were there, we were planning on splitting lunch assuming it was 2 credits like it is for dinner, but nope 1 credit lunch and one the of top two dining experiences me and DH had in 2017 when we went all out with the Deluxe DP, which included a few fine dining stops. We are definitely hitting it again for our summer 2019 trip.

I am not sure if she will want the character meals but I have heard enough recommendations of Storybook dining and the menu looks quite good, that I will at least go over it with her. I never thought of Character or Buffet being worthwhile, are there any others that have higher end food in the realms of Character or buffet food?

I went over the choices with her tonight. I think she has made good choices, my only concern is that she chose the Wave for her bday dinner. Can't the restaurant looks overly nice. She just wants the seafood bowl(scallops, mussels, shrimp and fish).

I went over the choices with her tonight. I think she has made good choices, my only concern is that she chose the Wave for her bday dinner. Can't the restaurant looks overly nice. She just wants the seafood bowl(scallops, mussels, shrimp and fish).
You mean the cioppino? It's a great Italian-American dish popularized in San Francisco. DGD (13) and I make a version of it when she wants a quick and tasty meal; I think your DD picked fine too:). I've never eaten at any of the character meals as my traveling kiddos were over the concept by the time we first went to WDW so no help there. As for the looks of the Wave, never eaten there but it gets a lot of love across the board and internet. Your DD likes the idea of Disney and picked her meal so I wouldn't focus much on the decor. Disney generally does good with windowless spaces and the rhythm concept seems like it "flows" nicely from pictures.
Have an enjoyable birthday meal and if you've the time wander into the Magic Kingdom for the fireworks afterwards. Also nice to see from the GF or Poly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter