Best/favorite Christmas resort?

Plus, I hear there are lots of people that camp there and decorate the crap out of the place. Although not as professional looking as the resort (at least most), it will be cool to see what people do.
It is quite the site :). Halloween is done up to delightful excess too lol. We tend to book HHD or Trails End for a meal, then take a bit of a walk about to see the decorations.

I’ll echo many of the other posts here of where it’s great to stay during the holidays:

WLV #1 hands’ down, don’t forget to sneak a peak into the DVC building too!

AKV-Jambo, 2nd, it’s very close in the race

PORFQ #3 surprised me as to it’s well-thought tree & other decorations

Make sure to take the time to visit these resorts if time permits:

GF - notice I don’t suggest to stay here, it can get absolutely swamped with people touring

BC - different take & nice execution

CR & BWV a tie, pretty but neither especially inventive

We have completed many Christmas stays at Disney over the years. Our Disney certiffied agent identified to us the deluxes in higher demand. ...
That make sense, and is something good to know. I am amusing high demand would topically apply the week after Turkey day also, not just the last part of December?
I feel the more time you plan on being at the resort, the more the resort matters. We have stayed at most of the deluxes during this time period.
We do plan on having several "down days" (no parks), to relax and do some low stress things like resort hopping. Two thing we are thinking is a day doing monorail hoping and a day on the EPCOT/MGM resort circuit.
Then maybe hitting Disney Springs and the resorts there on another day or as time allows on one of the previous days.
If you do MVMCP, we gound it easier to get back to the monorail resorts. Viewing fireworks PR and GF. Not a real fan of CR, but appreciate others love it. Gingerbread house and Afternoon Tea makes GF a nice choice. The BWI and BC for dining and Christmas Food booths, plus Candlelight Procession.
We plan on doing MVMCP and the Candlelight Procession (as the dinner and a show reservation...I forge what they call it).
Dont stress, relax and have fun, but have plans. Plans you are able to walk away from to adjust to things of interest, crowds, etc. to ensure everyone is having fun and making memories that matter.
This will be my 5th trip and my wife's 3rd...we are learning this. LOL

My wife was 7 months pregnant on our last trip. It was something. We just left the park mid day every day, plus down days. But GREAT ADVICE to stress!!!

We tend to book HHD or Trails End for a meal, then take a bit of a walk about to see the decorations.
Yeah, HDD (I'm assuming that's what you meant) is high on our list. The walk add a little more value to that. :banana: Thanks!!!
Make sure to take the time to visit these resorts if time permits:

GF - notice I don’t suggest to stay here, it can get absolutely swamped with people touring

BC - different take & nice execution

CR & BWV a tie, pretty but neither especially inventive
We are going to plan down days and hit the Monorail resort and EPCOT/MGM resort circuit. And if time allows with out being rushed, we are going to hit Downtown Disney and the resorts.

People keep listing the same resorts as you...I guess they are good to check out! I am getting excited just thinking about it.

I've stayed at SSR, CSR and AKL at Christmas time and have visit almost all of the other deluxe resorts to see the decorations.

I have to say, my breath was taken away walking into the lobby at AKL. The tree there is amazing! It's also a fantastic hotel and tends to be the lowest priced deluxe.

SSR was very boring in terms of decorations but I quite liked CSR, I think they did a great job.

Wilderness Lodge is beautiful at Christmas and feels very festive with the huge fireplace and rocking chairs. GF is also impressive, but not my cup of tea as a place to stay.

I have only stayed at AKL at Christmas time (only deluxe so far) but will back up these statements about it. It's one of the reasons I decided to start my vacation off there even though I it's only for one night. I really like the resort and the decorations are beautiful without being over the top. Very warm and inviting.

[edit]After reading some of the other posts, I will add that I really would like to stay at WL during that time some day. I'm very much a "nature" person and would love to see the Xmas at Nat'l Parks feel.

Last edited:

Oh, I just remembered, when we stayed at WL for the actual holiday, they had cookies and drinks in the lobby, and santa.
We enjoyed it immensely, AND, when we came back down later looking for milk and cookies to put out for Santa in the room, they happily provided them, free of charge.

...at WL for the actual holiday, they had cookies and drinks in the lobby, and santa.
...we came back down later looking for milk and cookies to put out for Santa in the room, they happily provided them, free of charge.

That is cool!!! Definitely will remember that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter