Best 'experience' restaurants

Glad you asked this question! We will be staying at AKL as well and will be doing the DxDDP. Dining experiences are very important to us as well, so am taking note of these suggestions. Last time we visited, we really enjoyed California Grill, CRT, Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's, Whispering Canyon, T-Rex, Ohana. Didn't care for Hoop Dee Doo as much. Enjoy atmosphere at 50's Prime Time, but wasn't anything special last time we visited, so going with Sci Fi next time. We also did BOG and liked the overall atmosphere, but the food wasn't great. Also, we were in the Rose Room, which I didn't care for...would have loved the West Wing. For upcoming trip, excited for Sanaa, Jiko, Boma, Citrico's, Tusker House, Boathouse, and repeat visits to some of our faves.

Aren't they one and the same??

We enjoy Skipper Canteen, Brown Derby, Boma, Sci-Fi, and Tusker House.

We were in rose gallery with the large music box of beauty/beast in center of room. I believe the rooms are ballroom, rose gallery, and west wing. The west wing is the dark room and does have the enchanted rose with falling petals.

Flying Fish was our best experience (compared dinners at Jiko and The Hollywood Brown Derby). Our next dinner trip will include Boma/Sanaa. Bailed on Citricos, but loved dinner at Homecomin'.

We were in rose gallery with the large music box of beauty/beast in center of room. I believe the rooms are ballroom, rose gallery, and west wing. The west wing is the dark room and does have the enchanted rose with falling petals.
Ah, gotcha. I knew the rose was in the west wing. Guess I've never been in the room with the music box.

I wouldn't waste deluxe credits on TRex or Chef Mickeys -- loud, poor quality food, overall bad value.
I would recommend Rose&Crown if you can get a latish reservation and stay for Illuminations. Ohana would be good evening option and then you could step out for MK fireworks.
Whispering Canyon is great fun with good food. Raglan Road and the dancing also fun.
Just remember to allow for enough time between meals and the possibility of late ADRS.

Skipper Canteen!! My absolute favorite :love: If you love the jungle cruise, you'll love it. The CMs I've had there have been hilarious. I'm also a big fan of 50's prime time, it's so much fun!

For TS: California Grill is worth every dollar IMHO. Every time I've been its been great! Servers are amazing, food is pretty good, love the view of the fireworks vs on Main Street USA. Honorable mentions to Grand Floridian Cafe & 50's PTC.
For QS: I'd give it to Sunshine Seasons, especially for their Turkey Sandwiches! :) Be Our Guest (Breakfast/Lunch) going for an honorable mention here.

I recommend Garden Grill too. Lots of fun and the food is delicious. The rotating restaurant and character interaction make this a Must Do for us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter