Best 'experience' restaurants

robfaded

Earning My Ears
We booked a 9 day stay at AKL in December on the free dining offer and decided to upgrade to the Deluxe Dining Plan so we could experience as many of the restaurants as possible (recognizing that there is likely no way we will be able to eat all of the food!). We have two daughters (7 and 13) so booked all of the character dining restaurants when the ADR opened (+ Be Our Guest & California Grill).

As well as the character dining, we want to go to as many 'experience' restaurants as possible so have booked 50's Prime Time Dining, Sci-Fi Dine In, San Angel Inn, Biergarten, Rose & Crown). We don't have many slots left but are there any others we should consider booking as well or instead of any these ones? Quality of food isn't the main thing, more making family memories. T-Rex, Whispering Canyon, Jungle Navigation, Liberty Tree Tavern? Any that are 'must-do's'?

Last edited:
One of our favorites is close to home for you--lunch at Sanaa! The food was very good, including some tame options for less adventurous kids, but by far the highlight was the view. Be sure to go during the daylight and politely request a table by the window. There are no guarantees, but it is worth waiting a few extra minutes to have an up close and personal view of the animals who seemed to enjoy watching us eat!

Yes, already booked for Sanaa! Will definitely ask for a window table. Haven't thought about Beaches and Cream, will definitely take a look at that. And we have been considering one show....probably either Hoop Dee Doo Review or Aloha. Thanks for the responses!

Skipper Canteen, Coral Reef, maybe also consider Teppan Edo if you don't live near any teppanyaki restaurants.

We do like Teppan Edo - still remember the Mickey Mouse the chef created for my wife's birthday several years ago.

another vote for Coral Reef. it does not get a lot of love on these boards but I love the atmosphere and have always enjoyed the food.

the lobster soup, shrimp and grits and chocolate wave were all stellar on my last trip and my kid LOVED his steak and fries and the kid cupcake.

I really enjoy T-Rex as well. The food is good (it's not great, pretty typical chain restaurant food, but they do have quite large portions so sharing would be an option). The atmosphere is excellent. We're going there this time for dessert just to soak up the ambiance.

Definitely try the AKL restaurants - my favorite part of trying new resorts is trying the restaurants there.

My advise for DxDP is to spread out the meals as much as you can. If you have two meals in a day, make them breakfast/dinner or early lunch/late dinner. We enjoyed doing the DxDP and trying all the restaurants, but we enjoyed the days were the meals were spaced out most. Plus, there are all those snacks to try, too.

Whispering Canyon Café, Sci-Fi, and Coral Reef are on my daughters must do list for every trip and I loved 50's Prime Time (the last time we got a waiter who was really into it he made the girl turn off her phone because they had not been invented yet).

Raglan Road if you enjoy Irish music/dancing. We also enjoyed the food at Coral Reef but get an earlier time than you want so you can wait for a table by the tank.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter