Best Disney restaurant for seafood?

tinkerpea

DIS Veteran
I've booked narcooses as we have dined many times and loved it, normally I wouldn't be too bothered if the meal wasn't great as we would be on the ddp,
However this trip we're paying oop for all our meals and id be so disappointed with a bad expensive meal.
Does anyone have any other great suggestions for seafood? Like scallops lobster etc?

We've done flying fish which was lovely but not in a few yrs now,
Thanks

When Flying Fish reopened after a recent remodel, the menu changed, so you might want to look at that. Since you are paying OOP, you might also look at Todd English's Bluezoo at the Dolphin.

Another fan for Flying Fish. Loved their previous menu. The current one is still good for Sea food, but I don't think quite as good. Our last 2 meals there after the remodel were still very good.

bluezoo has the best seafood (both menu and execution) on property IMO. We have not been back to FF (which used to be our favorite) since its refurb, but the menu just doesn't excite us.

If you don't mind buffets, we have always enjoyed our meals at Cape May.

If you don't already have one, paying with a Disney Visa helps soften the blow a little bit of paying OOP at some restaurants (10% discount).

The Boathouse and Disney Springs. Despite having to order a 4th item because they were out of the first three I ordered I had a very good fish dish there.

I've booked narcooses as we have dined many times and loved it, normally I wouldn't be too bothered if the meal wasn't great as we would be on the ddp,
However this trip we're paying oop for all our meals and id be so disappointed with a bad expensive meal.
Does anyone have any other great suggestions for seafood? Like scallops lobster etc?

We've done flying fish which was lovely but not in a few yrs now,
Thanks
Depends on what kind of seafood you're looking for.

Narcoossee's is for New England'y style seafood. But unless you ask, the steamed lobster is going to be cracked by the kitchen before arriving at the table. We like it here, but it would not be my first choice for a recommendation.

BlueZoo is our personal favorite. More options of whole fish than any other place. They also have a few other interesting choices that do change occasionally, but the 'Cantonese-style' sticky lobster is a menu mainstay (that can always be prepared 'butter-poached). Some of the food preparations are 'exotic' and can touch on molecular-gastronomy.

Boathouse - I don't typically 'recommend' steakhouses as a place for seafood, but this place has a menu that is equally seafood. It's the hot-spot in Disney Springs for fine dining at all price points.

Paddlefish - more seafood-centric than Boathouse, with inspirations from around the U.S. for variations of the one-pot-boil with things like lobsters, crabs, shrimps, mollusks - cooked with corn, potato, sausage. Entrees include jambalaya, shrimp'n'grits, linguini w/ clams, cioppino, fish'n'chips, etc. Most seafood choices.

Most current reviews recommend Paddlefish or Boathouse at Disney Springs. Neither of which are Disney restaurants, they are run by third parties.

bluezoo has the best seafood (both menu and execution) on property IMO. We have not been back to FF (which used to be our favorite) since its refurb, but the menu just doesn't excite us.

If you don't already have one, paying with a Disney Visa helps soften the blow a little bit of paying OOP at some restaurants (10% discount).
We do have a booking for cape May, I had ha

We do have a booking at cape May, for our trip I had heard it had gone down hill a little, hoping this isnt the case, 6 of us dining oop with me paying don't be fun if its rubbish lol.

We are British so unfortunately do not have a Disney visa.

Depends on what kind of seafood you're looking for.

Narcoossee's is for New England'y style seafood. But unless you ask, the steamed lobster is going to be cracked by the kitchen before arriving at the table. We like it here, but it would not be my first choice for a recommendation.

BlueZoo is our personal favorite. More options of whole fish than any other place. They also have a few other interesting choices that do change occasionally, but the 'Cantonese-style' sticky lobster is a menu mainstay (that can always be prepared 'butter-poached). Some of the food preparations are 'exotic' and can touch on molecular-gastronomy.

Boathouse - I don't typically 'recommend' steakhouses as a place for seafood, but this place has a menu that is equally seafood. It's the hot-spot in Disney Springs for fine dining at all price points.

Paddlefish - more seafood-centric than Boathouse, with inspirations from around the U.S. for variations of the one-pot-boil with things like lobsters, crabs, shrimps, mollusks - cooked with corn, potato, sausage. Entrees include jambalaya, shrimp'n'grits, linguini w/ clams, cioppino, fish'n'chips, etc. Most seafood choices.
Thanks
Blue zoo sounds fantastic, do you recommend the Cantonese lobster? Is it big enough to share along with a few other dishes?

I booked Flying Fish in a few weeks as I have wanted to try it and love good seafood. This post is making me rsconsider and switch it up to Bluezoo.

I can't believe it took me 10 years to get around to trying Bluezoo last year. I have no idea why I waited so long, but I can assure you it will be on my must do list every time I'm back at WDW. The atmosphere and service were great, and the food was without a shadow of a doubt one of the best in WDW. If fact, this restaurant would be a standout if it were outside of WDW and located in any big city. I love Bluezoo.

We had a great meal at Boathouse last month. We had the Coconut Shrimp Bucket (included fries) & Shrimp n Sausage Mac and Cheese plus the Lobster Bisque as an appetizer. There were several other fish entrees that looked good. It was number 3 dinner on our 7 night trip. Only YSH and Homecomin' came out ahead.

How about the new Ale & Compass that just opened recently at the Yacht Club? I've not had a chance to go there but they do have seafood on the menu.

The Boathouse had lots of seafood options when we last went.
My girlfriend had the tuna and I had the lobster stuffed with crab. Both fantastic.

At the flying fish my girlfriend had the scallops and they were amazing and huge!

I personally have to recommend Paddlefish for seafood, and the atmosphere was great. DW and I ate their back in June. I took her their as a suprise since she is a huge crab fan and we were in the area. She got the 1 1/2 pound King Crab and stated it was some of the best she had ever had. I ordered some type of fish that was absolutely amazing. I haven't been to Boathouse so I can't compare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter