Best Dinner with Mickey?

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
Which meal would you choose for supper?

Tusker House
Hollywood & Vine (booked as the F! dinner party)
Garden Grill
Chef Mickey

Or do a late breakfast O'Hana (I can get an 11:45, and then hop over to the park after)?

Ohana for supper is not a character meal.
I think you will overwhelmingly hear Garden Grill, although if you were more adventurous, Tusker House is very good as well. I am trying out Hollywood and Vine next week, so I would be able to share more feedback about it after that.
Chef Mickeys is fine, but not much more than that.

Dinner at 'Ohana is not a character meal.

If the MK is your last park day, I would not do an expensive character meal at the end of your long day. Everyone is going to be too tired to enjoy it.

I would not take park time away to go over to the Contemporary during the day either. If you can incorporate Tusker House into your day at AK, I would choose that one. Use it as in "in park" break.

Definitely garden Grill and as Pp said I’m sure you’ll hear that a lot but for good reason :)

Sorry, I realized that after. I've updated my post. I can get an 11:45 breakfast at O'Hana. We didn't plan to hit MK until around 2:00 that day, so we could do breakfast, and then head right into MK. Thoughts?
If that's your only day in the MK, I can't imagine starting it that late.

We have added a second day in MK. We have one day planned for 9-4ish (head back after the parade) and then this second day planned for 2-close.
OK, that's great. Then yes, doing 'Ohana right before arriving would be a great idea.

OK, that's great. Then yes, doing 'Ohana right before arriving would be a great idea.

Best way to get there I assume is to take the bus to MK/TTC, and then just take the boat/monorail? Or can we actually take a bus from our resort (All Star Movies) to theirs?

And if you had to choose between O'Hana before MK or Garden Grill after EP, you would choose??? :)

Best way to get there I assume is to take the bus to MK/TTC, and then just take the boat/monorail? Or can we actually take a bus from our resort (All Star Movies) to theirs?

And if you had to choose between O'Hana before MK or Garden Grill after EP, you would choose??? :)
Bus to TTC, then walk to the Poly. It's right next door.

I would take 'Ohana before MK over Garden Grill at Epcot just because I'm not a big a fan of Mickey in his farmer costume.

Are you still planning 1900 PF for your last day? If you're doing that to meet Pooh, another option would be to do Crystal Palace as a break in the park on one of your MK days. Then that last morning do Chef Mickey instead of 1900 PF.

Ohana breakfast is a guilty pleasure. I used to watch hour of Lilo & Stitch series when my daughter was young. Now we go there for the fun memories and some decent breakfasts.

Bus to TTC, then walk to the Poly. It's right next door.

I would take 'Ohana before MK over Garden Grill at Epcot just because I'm not a big a fan of Mickey in his farmer costume.

Are you still planning 1900 PF for your last day? If you're doing that to meet Pooh, another option would be to do Crystal Palace as a break in the park on one of your MK days. Then that last morning do Chef Mickey instead of 1900 PF.

No, we had to change our schedule around some. So:

Day 1: AK (9-5)
Day 2: HS (12-9)
Day 3: MK (2-9) (this would be the day for O'Hana, we also have the dessert fireworks party this night)
Day 4: Rest (I have 1900 PF booked for just my son and his grandfather as a treat)
Day 5: EP (9-5)
Day 6: MK (9-4)

No, we had to change our schedule around some. So:

Day 1: AK (9-5)
Day 2: HS (12-9)
Day 3: MK (2-9) (this would be the day for O'Hana, we also have the dessert fireworks party this night)
Day 4: Rest (I have 1900 PF booked for just my son and his grandfather as a treat)
Day 5: EP (9-5)
Day 6: MK (9-4)
Then 'Ohana is probably the best bet. Or if you want to do something entirely different, I'd probably want to meet Mickey in the MK if he's still in his 90th anniversary attire.

Have you thought about breakfast at Cape May? I like breakfast vs dinner to save $. In my experience, (although limited with character breakfasts.) We have been to Chef Mickey's twice and Cape May 4 times. The breakfast is way better at Cape May and the character interactions imo are better as well. We never feel rushed and they have been better with my DD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter