Best Dining Experience Outside the Parks

nutshell

Oh, Disney!
We arrive on a Monday at about 3:30pm. I'm looking for a non-park, two credit dining experience for that night. Any recommendations? It will be me, DW, DD (18), and DS (14). Right now I'm thinking about BOATHOUSE, Morimoto, or California Grill (because of the fireworks). Thoughts and suggestions? Thanks!

Just realized I posted this in the attractions forum. Please move to food if appropriate. Thanks.

Oh there’s too many to name but it’s all subjective. I’d try Homecomin’ as it has rave reviews for that nostalgic southern comfort food.

Although lately I’ve been a Publix sandwich kinda guy :-/

Oh there’s too many to name but it’s all subjective. I’d try Homecomin’ as it has rave reviews for that nostalgic southern comfort food.

Although lately I’ve been a Publix sandwich kinda guy :-/

OP asked about 2 credit Signature Restaurants. Homecomin' is only 1 credit.

OP I would look at Boathouse or Paddlefish in DS and I would book an ADR on Open Table not through Disney. Travel day is wrought with uncontrollable delays. If you are delayed and miss an ADR booked through Disney you will be paying $10/person no show fee. Open Table does not have this requirement.
We ate lunch at Paddlefish in October and loved it.

How is the food at California Grill? Also, I hear it's terribly noisy. That said, I like thwas idea of catching the fireworks that night as a way to kickoff our vacation.

California Grill is good food and great for the fireworks. As to some of the others our only trip to the Boathouse and Paddlefish were less than stellar. Morimoto however WOW totally worth it. And you might want to consider Narccoossee's or Jiko's as well.

Thanks for all the suggestions. We don't go until late July so lots of time to plan. For now we're leaning towards California Grill so we can watch the fireworks to kick off our trip!

Thanks for all the suggestions. We don't go until late July so lots of time to plan. For now we're leaning towards California Grill so we can watch the fireworks to kick off our trip!
I prefer Narcoossee’s over California Grill, and you still get a good view of the fireworks.

For two credits, my favorite is Artist Point. I also like Jiko and Narcooses as second/third choices.

Quieter Dining
Artist Point: Lovely ambiance, good food, excellent service, superb wine list, and you can walk the beautiful grounds of WL after. Can also see fireworks from Geyser Point with piped in music.
Jiko: Same comments except not as much to walk around and see after dinner and no fireworks. Still, a very good experience.

Convivial Dining
Morimoto: More of an urban vibe than either of the two above. While menu is more diverse (which might help with four people), some of it is just different take on typical Asian foods. Some items are very good, though, such as the buri bop. Fun experience overall.
Boathouse: Good food and very fun atmosphere. Can also sit out on the deck. Lots of choices for various tastes.
Both the two above offer the ability to explore Disney Springs and enjoy more than just the restaurants.

Noisy Dining
CA Grill: Expensive but good food, service, wine list. Obviously, the fireworks are a big draw. However, CA Grill is very loud; hard to carry on conversations. Like the place, but if we go, we do so knowing that it will almost always be above normal noise level for an expensive (and it IS expensive) restaurant.

Are you staying on site? We’re staying at AKL and made our first night Jiko’s, we’re going to try and do the food tour of the AKL restaurants earlier that night.
Staying at French Quarter.

We arrive on a Monday at about 3:30pm. I'm looking for a non-park, two credit dining experience for that night. Any recommendations? It will be me, DW, DD (18), and DS (14). Right now I'm thinking about BOATHOUSE, Morimoto, or California Grill (because of the fireworks). Thoughts and suggestions? Thanks!
Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Yacht Club resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!