Best Deluxe for 4 year old?

We stayed at the Poly with the 4 year old daughter of my nephew a few years ago and the resort was perfect for her. Plenty of age-appropriate things for her to do (e.g. hula hooping); for her to see (Tiki torch lighting/Electric Water Pageant/ firework from the beach and the Tiki Terrace; and to hear (gentle hawaiian music on the Terrace -- which is very calming after the parks). The splash pad area was great. The main pool was a little manic and we wouldn't let her into that, even with flotation device, without an adult with her, but the zero entry leisure (Oasis) pool was much more manageable and the sight-lines were good so she had more freedom to get in and out of the pool whilst still being watched by us. (We specifically ruled out Beach Club on that trip because of how difficult it is at Stormalong Bay to keep track of little ones in that huge water complex.) We also liked the fact that you could access the pool bar and grill at the Oasis pool without leaving the gated area and, when we were there, the food was good.

The resort is quite compact, but with plenty of room to run (if you are 4 years old). Transport to MK is good with monorail and boat options. You can easily walk to the TCC to get the monorail to EPCOT, it's a lovely waterside stroll to GF if you want to book the Cinderella buffet dinner, and buses to the other parks were frequent.

We stayed at the Poly on DVC points in studio accommodation and our 4-year old loved the pull down bed that sits in the cabinet beneath the tv. If there are just 3 of you, you would not need to utilize the sofa bed in a studio, but could keep the couch as is. and you would have two bathrooms.

If the rack rate cost of "normal" guest rooms seem prohibitive on your budget, consider renting DVC points through an agency to book a studio. A 7 day stay in a standard view in the summer would cost somewhere between $2754 and £3042 at current prices. In contrast, at 2019 prices, Disney are charging between $3618 and $3920 for a standard view "normal"room at the Poly.

BUT, only go the DVC route if your dates are absolutely confirmed and you are not going to have to cancel for one reason or another as the contracts are binding because the DVC owner could lose the points if you back out.

We stayed at the Poly with the 4 year old daughter of my nephew a few years ago and the resort was perfect for her. Plenty of age-appropriate things for her to do (e.g. hula hooping); for her to see (Tiki torch lighting/Electric Water Pageant/ firework from the beach and the Tiki Terrace; and to hear (gentle hawaiian music on the Terrace -- which is very calming after the parks). The splash pad area was great. The main pool was a little manic and we wouldn't let her into that, even with flotation device, without an adult with her, but the zero entry leisure (Oasis) pool was much more manageable and the sight-lines were good so she had more freedom to get in and out of the pool whilst still being watched by us. (We specifically ruled out Beach Club on that trip because of how difficult it is at Stormalong Bay to keep track of little ones in that huge water complex.) We also liked the fact that you could access the pool bar and grill at the Oasis pool without leaving the gated area and, when we were there, the food was good.

The resort is quite compact, but with plenty of room to run (if you are 4 years old). Transport to MK is good with monorail and boat options. You can easily walk to the TCC to get the monorail to EPCOT, it's a lovely waterside stroll to GF if you want to book the Cinderella buffet dinner, and buses to the other parks were frequent.

We stayed at the Poly on DVC points in studio accommodation and our 4-year old loved the pull down bed that sits in the cabinet beneath the tv. If there are just 3 of you, you would not need to utilize the sofa bed in a studio, but could keep the couch as is. and you would have two bathrooms.

If the rack rate cost of "normal" guest rooms seem prohibitive on your budget, consider renting DVC points through an agency to book a studio. A 7 day stay in a standard view in the summer would cost somewhere between $2754 and £3042 at current prices. In contrast, at 2019 prices, Disney are charging between $3618 and $3920 for a standard view "normal"room at the Poly.

BUT, only go the DVC route if your dates are absolutely confirmed and you are not going to have to cancel for one reason or another as the contracts are binding because the DVC owner could lose the points if you back out.
Thanks! My husband ended up booking WL, but maybe if there are some deals to be had I can switch to the Poly. He’s just not all about the monorail - but when we ate at ohana everything looked so cool.

There’s actually nothing wrong with WL and we always enjoyed our time there - so it’s truly not a big deal - I just wanted to try something new while he likes staying somewhere he knows his way around. He lets me pick every other aspect of the trip (aside from the must do crystal palace breakfast) so I may just let him have his way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!