Best Deluxe for 4 year old?

Jacq7414

DIS Veteran
We brought our daughter when she was almost 2 and almost 3 and stayed at the WL both times. My husband really liked it but I’m thinking about trying a different resort next trip. Looking to go next summer. Either for 6 nights or do 2-3 nights after a cruise. Just have to price it out.

We loved the proximity to magic kingdom and she really enjoyed the pool. We walked through the contemporary and was not a fan - so my husband does not want to go there. I don’t really care about being on the monorail but would to go to a park without the need of a bus.

I was thinking either the Boardwalk or the Beach Club, but then I heard the pool at the beach club might be too big for someone her age. Any insights?

Or should we just stick to the WL since it is the cheapest out of the deluxes lol

The Poly has an amazing kiddie pool area and my son was 4 the last time we stayed there. It was perfect for us. We're going back in January. Easy access to MK with monorail and you can walk to the TTC to get to EPCOT

Ah thanks! I was thinking about the Poly too. When we went to ohana it looked really cool

If you can swing it, the Grand Floridian was a favorite to my kids when they were young and we went to Magic Kingdom a lot. It just has a very magical, special feel and the splash area is so much fun. We love the Boardwalk now, but my kids are older. The pool is fun with lots of games, etc. The theming isn't going to do much for your young one and the quick service is not as convenient as the one at GF.

We stayed at The Poly when my oldest (at the time only) daughter was four. We loved having access to the monorail especially walking to the TTC so we didn't need to transfer for Epcot.

She wouldn't go down the pool slide alone and they wouldn't let me go with her so that was a bit of a bummer. She did enjoy the poolside movie and watching the water pageant and fireworks from the beach.

The luau was also a big hit with her. We went to the earlier show.

I really wanted to check out the Poly. Good to know about the Boardwalk not being as good for her age. We can always save that for later.

Yet another Poly vote. Beach and Yacht are awesome too, but Poly pool has a really nice splash pad area. Plus, they have a pretty nice quick service if you're interested in that. We love sitting outside for breakfast, seeing the MK across the lake ... In the evening you can also watch the fireworks from the beach (or pool) and the electric boat parade. If you can swing it financially it's a wonderful experience, at least once.

At that age I think I would lean towards the Poly. I think the pools are spot on for a youngster and the grounds spacious for some exploration. My DGD loved the beach there at that age. SHe would play in the sand.

I love the Grand, and there are perks for that resort as well. I took my Princesses there and they loved the "ballroom" (the lobby) where they danced along with the Grand Pianist. The enjoyed the Grand orchestra as well, swirling around in their dresses after having returned from dinner in the "limo" (WHat???? Oh the monorail!) WHere do they get this??????

There is also a housekeeper parade in the morning and it is so darn sweet! Beware though, once you stay there they may not want to stay elsewhere. My DD was pretty taken aback when she and DSIL upgraded to the Poly and when they arrived they expected DGD to tell them it was her favorite, just like it was theirs. No...Apparently she is a Grand Girl, just like her Nana! LOL!

At that age I think I would lean towards the Poly. I think the pools are spot on for a youngster and the grounds spacious for some exploration. My DGD loved the beach there at that age. SHe would play in the sand.

I love the Grand, and there are perks for that resort as well. I took my Princesses there and they loved the "ballroom" (the lobby) where they danced along with the Grand Pianist. The enjoyed the Grand orchestra as well, swirling around in their dresses after having returned from dinner in the "limo" (WHat???? Oh the monorail!) WHere do they get this??????

There is also a housekeeper parade in the morning and it is so darn sweet! Beware though, once you stay there they may not want to stay elsewhere. My DD was pretty taken aback when she and DSIL upgraded to the Poly and when they arrived they expected DGD to tell them it was her favorite, just like it was theirs. No...Apparently she is a Grand Girl, just like her Nana! LOL!
Sounds like so much fun! I really want to try the Poly but I can’t seem to convince my husband to spend $1300+ more (for a 6 night stay) over the wilderness lodge. I told him I think it’s worth it.

Sounds like so much fun! I really want to try the Poly but I can’t seem to convince my husband to spend $1300+ more (for a 6 night stay) over the wilderness lodge. I told him I think it’s worth it.

That is a lot of money, but for me, it's worth it for the Poly. We've stayed at the WL a few times and we do love it, but the Poly is just so amazing! The tropical atmosphere is beautiful/relaxing, the pool is fun, and the beach is a great place to sit and watch the fireworks (you can also watch fireworks while swimming). I'm sure you'll have a great time no matter which resort you choose, but if the extra cost is doable, I'd give the Poly a try :).

You could always try the poly once your child is a little older. The pools/slides at WL might be better for a 4 year old, depending on your child.

If want on the monorail Poly is your answer the 10 year old calls it the Moana resort if location is not an issue look at the AKL. Last year the girls spent hours not at the park but at the hotel looking at animals.

Based on your criteria, WL really will be your biggest bang for your buck - boat to MK, small pool and slide, splash pad, etc. Poly and GF are great but will definitely stretch your budget. I wouldn’t rule out Boardwalk. It doesn’t have a zero entry pool, but the pool is very compact and easy to navigate with a young child. The location is fantastic and they have fun entertainment in the evenings.

Based on your criteria, WL really will be your biggest bang for your buck - boat to MK, small pool and slide, splash pad, etc. Poly and GF are great but will definitely stretch your budget. I wouldn’t rule out Boardwalk. It doesn’t have a zero entry pool, but the pool is very compact and easy to navigate with a young child. The location is fantastic and they have fun entertainment in the evenings.

Agree with this 100%. Boardwalk tends to be not-too-pricey, and the pool was a lot nicer in person than it looked in the pictures. It is just as convenient to Epcot and HS as Beach Club/Yacht Club, but felt less sprawling and more manageable for getting around with a stroller.

One more thing: you said you need transport other than bus, which rules out Animal Kingdom Lodge, but I think Animal Kingdom Lodge is AMAAAAAZING for kids that age. Seeing the wildlife when walking around the resort is so much fun, the theming is really neat, they have storytellers in the lounge, and the pool and playground are great. We stayed there and used Minnie Vans when we wanted to get somewhere faster than DCL bus transportation allowed.

Agree with this 100%. Boardwalk tends to be not-too-pricey, and the pool was a lot nicer in person than it looked in the pictures. It is just as convenient to Epcot and HS as Beach Club/Yacht Club, but felt less sprawling and more manageable for getting around with a stroller.

One more thing: you said you need transport other than bus, which rules out Animal Kingdom Lodge, but I think Animal Kingdom Lodge is AMAAAAAZING for kids that age. Seeing the wildlife when walking around the resort is so much fun, the theming is really neat, they have storytellers in the lounge, and the pool and playground are great. We stayed there and used Minnie Vans when we wanted to get somewhere faster than DCL bus transportation allowed.
AKL is amazing and Great for kids. Kidani has a awesome splash area and you can utilize both pools. Tons of activities for the kids, all day long and into the night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter