Best day of the week to do MK

ltribble31021

Mouseketeer
We will be in Orlando June 28 - July 5. What is the best day of the week to do MK and is it possible to do MK in one day? Most of our time will be spent at Universal, IOA and SeaWorld.

Where are you staying? If offsite, I would say Tues or Wed. If you want to see Spectro or FITS, see the park hours at the official site. Get there ONE HOUR before opening. I would make a lunch PS to get out of the heat for a while. Cinderella's Royal Table is very relaxing. You won't see it all and I wouldn't advise trying. You will miss soooo much and not have fun if you are on a "mission". Enjoy what you can. Depending on the ages of your party, you will want to do Fantasyland first (Dumbo FIRST)- for young kids-straight through the castle, Frontierland first (left) for Splash and Thunder Mountain, or Tomorrowland first (right) for Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear. If you aren't staying far, you may want to take a swim/rest break after lunch and return to the park around 4( if they are open until 9).

Wear comfortable shoes,a hat and sungleasses, sunscreen, bring a squeeze breeze, and water.

What are the ages of the people in your party? That is the key to deciding what will be your must sees at MK since it is not possible to see all of MK in one day.

Also, a touring plan for MK would help as well - see http://www.touringplans.com for example

Thanks
jaysue

my husband and I and 7 y/o little boy. We are staying off site. What I would ultimately like to have done, would have been a 2 day hopper where we could go to MK one day and the next day go to AK in the morning and MK in the afternoon. But I do not think there is a such thing available.

Just one tip clueless me found out the hard way. Whatever day of the week you go, make sure it's not the day after a rainy day! Last year it rained for 2 days straight. Then we had a sunny day so I made a beeline to the MK-unfortunately so did half the world, it seemed like. I've honestly never seen MK that crowded. I could barely get through Fantasyland because of all the people.

Question for everyone:

Would it help if I created a "Which day of the week?" interactive webpage to help folks figure this out? I'll be happy to do so.

Len

I second that motion!!!!!!!!

smiley_jumprope_triplet.gif

thanks
jaysue

ltribble....

You're correct that there is no 2-day hopper, however, you can add a second day to your one-day pass (at a discounted price) right at the gate. However, it would not be a hopper, so you couldn't do AK and MK in the same day. But with a 7-yo, you could probably do 2 whole days at MK or 1 at MK and 1 at AK.

Have fun!

Okay, give me a couple of days to work out the details (and get Bob's okay).

I think we've got these variables to consider, but let me know if there are more:

1) The park to visit.
2) The season (Spring, Summer, etc.)
3) Whether you're staying on-site (and thus eligible for EE)
4) The time you plan to arrive at the park. I think the only three relevant options are (a) for Early Entry, (b) regular park opening, (c) after regular park opening.

I don't think this is too complicated. We've got something similar in place for the 2004 edition of the Unofficial Guide, so I think we can use that. Let me know if I've missed something.

Thanks,

Len

Len--I can't wait! I've been wondering the same thing too. I'm trying to decide between the Monday or Tuesday before July 4th (which is a Friday). We booked at the Dolphin for Sun-Thurs., and wouldn't you know it. We'll miss both MK early entry days! We could maybe make the Thursday EE, but our car service is picking us up at 11:45 a.m. and we have a character breakfast booked.

BTW, the Unofficial Guide is by far the BEST book on WDW. The section on kids is better than any Disney World with Kids book out there.

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

The best day is Monday. Avoid early entry days Sunday and Thursday. Always be there at opening time.

If you stay on site at Disneyworld (or the Hilton in DTD) and you are an early morning person then Thursday or Sunday are great days to go so you can take advantage of Early Entry perk

Thanks
jaysue

The prototype should be available Wednesday evening - I got caught up watching America's Next Top Model last night ;-).

Jaysue, thanks for mentioning the Hilton. I included it as one of the hotel options with Early Entry.

I'll post the utility on the TouringPlans.com website. It's a web page, so there's nothing to download or install on your PC. I'll provide a link here so you folks can test it first.

Sincerely,

Len

I think this will be a great feature!
On another note:
I got caught up watching America's Next Top Model last night ;-).
Darn, I forgot it was on! Can you tell me who left last night? Thanks! ;)

Okay folks, here's a small interactive web page that tells you the best days to visit each park, based on your personal trip information:

http://www.TouringPlans.com/BestDays.htm .

The information comes from the not-yet-released 2004 edition of the Unofficial Guide, which should be available this fall. Bob Sehlinger has approved the release of the info.

Let me know what you think. Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Sincerely,

Len

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter