Best/creative things for characters to sign?

winnieofpooh

DIS Veteran
We're taking our 15 month old on his first trip in a few weeks. I'm not sure if he'll love or hate the characters, but I'd love to have an idea in place to get the characters' autographs if he does end up loving them. I don't really want to do a traditional autograph book, I'm thinking something that will be a better keepsake from his first trip. Anyone have cool ideas?

1699647843524.jpeg

Different colors available (Amazon $10).

If your child is afraid of the characters (as one of mine was), just take the hat off for them to sign it.

I had characters sign in a notebook, then took pictures of the signatures and arranged them in a photo collage. Turned out cute and I didn't have to worry about keeping a photo mat nice!

We've done the character encyclopedia, photo mat, pillow cases, ears, fabric to cover our pin board, and are bringing a wooden Christmas tree cut out for our upcoming Christmas visit.

The ears are by far my favorite as they got lots of compliments from the CMs and they look really cute on. For this age, I'd lean towards the character encyclopedia because it doubles as something to do in line. We did that on the trip my girls were 5 years old and definitely ended up doing some read-alouds in longer character lines, which entertained my girls and the kids around us in line, too. :rotfl2:

Definitely think about the hassle of carrying it through the parks, too. I got extra sturdy cardboard to attach our photo mat to keep it from bending and it was a hassle getting it in and out of the bag. And, with the fabric things, you want to fold them over a firm cardboard and then are constantly refolding them as you need the signature spot to move across the item. We did those on cruises where I had the time and space to keep refolding the fabric, but wouldn't want to deal with that in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter