• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Counter Service restaurants

Miffy2003

<font color=orange>I've got Saratoga Springs - mak
Hello,

Last time we went to DLP it was February and very cold. It was also very busy and next to impossible to get a table at the counter service eateries (in fact, I distinctly remember eating a pizza in Fantasyland with gloves on as we had to sit outside ;)) As a result of this we ate more full service meals in the daytime than we had planned (to get out of the cold!) and we ate altogether at Blue Lagoon, Auberge de Cendrillon, Annette's, Cafe Mickey, Hunter's Grill & the Steakhouse. We loved Blue Lagoon, Auberge (my favourite), Annette's and the Hunter's. Cafe Mickey (breakfast) was okay but I was expecting something more; the Steakhouse was possibly the worst meal I have ever had in a restaurant ever (and was my 30th Birthday meal, LOL)

Bearing in mind my likes and dislikes above, what counter service places should we not miss? (Me, DH and 2 DDs age 6 & 9)

Many thanks

Karen

I think you should eat again at Auberge as it'll appeal to you (as it was your favourite!) and your children as thy're dressed up and the atmosphere/surroundings are fabulous :cheer2: ! Also the cinderellas shoe dessert is to die for :cloud9: !!
Annettes Diner is great again not only for you and your DH but for your children as the waitresses are on rollerskates and sometimes they dance on counters and plus the food is great(who doesnt enjoy burger and chips?! :teeth: )

Hope I didnt just state the obvious and that I was of at least some help to you!! :goodvibes

We enjoyed the food at The Market House Deli on Main Street USA. They serve truly delicious baguettes and they make a fantastic (and more healthy!) lunch compared to the regular "fries and burger" fayre of most other counter services. It's also a great place to grab some snacks before the afternoon parade.

I love the theming at Hakuna Matata cafe as well. The food is lovely and it is in a great position in adventure land. Last time we went I think I remember some "asian" specialities as well, such as curries. The theming is nice too.

For ice cream, pay a visit to the gibson girl ice cream parlor - :goodvibes - amazing ice cream selection .... I think I may go and get some ice cream now actually :)

:wizard:

Wow that was quick!!

Thank you I am salivating now :teeth:

Our new favourite counter service; after last November, was Colonel Hathi's Pizza Outpost :banana:
Victoria's Home-Style is nice for snack sandwiches and cakes.
Fuente del Oro Restaurant is nice for fajitas, chilli etc

We tend to do counter for lunch and table service for restaurant.

Have a look here for menu options :crazy:
www.dlpfoodguide.com

Reid

Hello all! :sunny:
When a friend of mine visited DLP last they said that strange things like snail ravioli was on the Auberge menu. Does anyone know what else they serve there? Anything normal-ish?? :confused3
I have heard, however, about the Cinderellas slipper dessert which sounds fantastic :teeth: , has anyone tried it? ::MickeyMo

I have Wild Cherry and let me tell you it is as delicious as it sounds :)

Some more great suggestions there, thank you :)

The Auberge has a wonderful all you can eat buffet going on for the duration of the winter (or until "Magic Unlimited" ends - not sure when that is...) It's 25 Euros per plate, and has some really yummy looking things and a good variety. Salmon, meats, lots of side dishes, and a fantastic dessert buffet is included. When I went I had already had lunch, but someone I was with had the buffet and it looked (and was reported to be) delicious.

As for counter service - my favorite is Mexican place Fuente del Oro? (I hope I spelled that right!!) which is directly accross from the Big Thunder MOuntain entrance. The places on Main Street and the pizza places all looked very crowded, but we always found this one to have reasonable waits, plenty of seating, and excellent food for reasonable prices.

:wave2:

We enjoy the character lunch at the Lucky Nugget - it's actually a buffet but the setting is nice and there's a very wide choice of food plus the characters come to visit you at your table. We were also impressed by King Ludwig's in the Village and thought there was a wide choice of food at reasonable prices.
P.S. what's gone wrong with the countdowns or is it just me???

Diberry - unfortunately they've had to remove HTML code from the Dis (for security reasons) and this has left everyone's countdowns looking like they do.

If you go to edit signature you can remove all the text you can see at the bottom of your posts.

If you go to the Tech Board there are some new compatible countdowns you can get - I had to get a new one.

HTH - if you can't find the post let me know and I'll post the link to it :)

... on the counter service restaurant is:

1. Colonel Hathi´s Pizza Outpost
2. Cowboy Cookout BBQ
3. Toad Hall
4. Fuente del Oro
5. Pizzeria Bella Notte
6. Chalet de Marionettes
7. Pizza Planet
8. Cafe Hyperion

and dont forget the Backlot Express at the Studios.

Greets Renate

My favourite (as far as I can remember, I visited DLP last when I was very young!) restaurants are;

1)Blue Lagoon pirate:
2)Walts ::MickeyMo
3)Plaza Gardens :flower2:
4)Annettes puckerup:
5)Inventions (DL Hotel) :wizard:
6)Rainforest Cafe :umbrella:
7)Planet Hollywood :smooth:
8)Cowboy Cookout :sunny:

I dont remember going to Auberge de Cendrillon princess: (did I spell it right?)
but Im sure if I had gone- it would be my number one as I LOVE :love: all fabulous girlie cinderella princess stuff :cloud9: !!!

www.dlpfoodguide.com ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

:wave2:

Miffy2003 said:
Diberry - unfortunately they've had to remove HTML code from the Dis (for security reasons) and this has left everyone's countdowns looking like they do.

If you go to edit signature you can remove all the text you can see at the bottom of your posts.

If you go to the Tech Board there are some new compatible countdowns you can get - I had to get a new one.

HTH - if you can't find the post let me know and I'll post the link to it :)

Thanks - that explains it!!! What a shame - I'll have to hop over to the tech board and try again! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter