Best Company to rent ECV - Disneyland

eeyore70

Mouseketeer
First time needing a wheelchair/ECV. Has anyone renting a wheelchair first and then been able to switch to a ECV if needed?? Nervous about battery running down too fast and having good customer service if we need it!

As with WDW, ScooterBug is now the only vendor allowed to deliver directly to Bell Services at the DLR on-site resorts. Good Neighbor hotels have their own rules, you'd need to confirm with the hotel. If you don't need to use Bell Services for the pick-up/return, I believe Deckerts gets very good reviews - you have to call because they don't have website.

Enjoy your vacation!

Deckert's. They're in Santa Ana. They'll deliver to your hotel and will pick up from the hotel after you check out. They're awesome.

Agree with the above posters. For on site, ScooterBug is the approved vendor. Other vendors will meet you for delivery and pick up for on site, but should be able to deliver/pick up off site. Off site, confirm with your specific hotel to see if there are any new rules. Deckert's is a favorite on the DLR board -- great reviews. Don't think they have a website -- just call them.

Agree with the above posters. For on site, ScooterBug is the approved vendor. Other vendors will meet you for delivery and pick up for on site, but should be able to deliver/pick up off site. Off site, confirm with your specific hotel to see if there are any new rules. Deckert's is a favorite on the DLR board -- great reviews. Don't think they have a website -- just call them.

I couldn't find a website either, but I found their address and phone number:

Deckert Surgical & Homecare
2025 N Main St
Santa Ana, CA 92706
(714) 542-5607

The only website I found didn't offer much information. It just lists a piece of quote information.

https://deckert-surgical-co.business.site/

And Yelp reviews.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/deckert-surgical-and-homecare-santa-ana

So just wanted to share what I have learned. I never did get a chance to call deckerts, but I was looking around online a little more and found Cloud of Goods and that they have a good price for an ECV for Disneyland. I called them to ask about how to schedule a delivery since we are going next week (really needed to get this figured out), and the agent told me that they could deliver to Paradise Pier hotel Bell Services until 12/1. I placed the order and it shows on the confirmation that they will deliver the night before and pick up the morning after our reservation at Bell Services. I guess I will find out for sure next week. And also will see how this place works out. I really want Gold Mobility out here!

So to follow up on my experience with Cloud of Goods. I will not be choosing them again. The scooter was there when we checked in, but was almost like a "Frankenscooter" with parts from several all put together. It would not hold any sort of charge or get power (had to be on fastest speed to keep up with me walking and I do not walk super fast). Part of the charge issue was that the light on the scooter would not turn off (there was a button on the tiller for light but it did nothing). It also did not turn well at all and the big park scooters could make tighter turns than that thing. I reached out to Cloud of Goods via chat and basically they told me that I should be able to turn off the light with the button on the tiller and they had no other solutions to help us and there were no other scooters available that they could get to us. We saw other scooters in the park from them that were in much better shape, but this one was crap. My Mom told Bell Services that they should just toss it in the trash it was so bad and that the Cloud of Goods should know it. Sent them the feedback on the whole thing. We will be looking at other options in the future. The Scooterbug scooters all looked brand new that I saw, but were huge in size! We will probably just go back to a wheelchair for the Disneyland parks. But we need a Gold quality company out here!

So to follow up on my experience with Cloud of Goods. I will not be choosing them again. The scooter was there when we checked in, but was almost like a "Frankenscooter" with parts from several all put together. It would not hold any sort of charge or get power (had to be on fastest speed to keep up with me walking and I do not walk super fast). Part of the charge issue was that the light on the scooter would not turn off (there was a button on the tiller for light but it did nothing). It also did not turn well at all and the big park scooters could make tighter turns than that thing. I reached out to Cloud of Goods via chat and basically they told me that I should be able to turn off the light with the button on the tiller and they had no other solutions to help us and there were no other scooters available that they could get to us. We saw other scooters in the park from them that were in much better shape, but this one was crap. My Mom told Bell Services that they should just toss it in the trash it was so bad and that the Cloud of Goods should know it. Sent them the feedback on the whole thing. We will be looking at other options in the future. The Scooterbug scooters all looked brand new that I saw, but were huge in size! We will probably just go back to a wheelchair for the Disneyland parks. But we need a Gold quality company out here!

That's awful. I just googled that they are in Atlanta, too.

https://www.cloudofgoods.com/atlanta-ga

They are also on Florida and the scooters from them look similar, at least on this trip. Deckerts works if you are staying at a hotel, but if you are a local they don't seem willing to rent to you. ScooterBug has terrible equipment as well at Disneyland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter