Best Christmas adventure?

TravelJunkieHubby

Mouseketeer
We are considering taking our first winter ABD in December 2020. So far we have only done ABD in the summer and over Spring Break.

We aren’t big fans of the cold and I was wondering which adventures are better to take in December compared to other times of the year. We have already done Italy, Ecuador/Galapagos, Australia and Costa Rica, and aren’t big into the Disney parks, so basically we are trying to decide between: Peru, South Africa, SE Asia, or the Danube river cruise.

My wife is a little worried about how tired the kids will be when we get back and head into the second half of the school year.

Any suggestions appreciated!

Thanks - I’m specifically wondering if anyone (esp with middle or high school age kids) who has gone to SE Asia, South Africa or the Danube River Cruise over Christmas thought it was worth it vs going in the summer.

We did Peru and SE Asia at Christmas and loved them both. Christmas in Saigon was unforgettable! I would highly recommend either one.

We've done both the SE Asia trip and the Danube over the Christmas holiday. Of our 11 trips so far SE Asia was by far our favorite. So much so I think we'll be doing it a second time :-)
The Danube was great for the Christmas Markets and was more low key. My daughter was 13 on the SE Asia trip and 15 on the Danube cruise. We've also done the Peru trip, which was amazing, but in June.
(We'll be on the March 21 South Africa departure 🙂, can't wait!)

Last edited:
Thanks - I’m specifically wondering if anyone (esp with middle or high school age kids) who has gone to SE Asia, South Africa or the Danube River Cruise over Christmas thought it was worth it vs going in the summer.

We did the Rhine Christmas cruise in 2017 (no longer offered) and DD (then 17) loved it so much she asked to do the Danube for her graduation trip in June. She enjoyed both so much she would go on the Danube again during Christmas- obviously just one person’s experience and opinion but she really loved the Christmas cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!