Best Character Breakfast and Princess Meal

granandpaandgirls

Earning My Ears
Hi all! Planning our first trip to Disney with 3 princesses! Want to find the best character breakfast and princess meal, for price, food, atmosphere. What should we not miss for sure! Heading there in late July..we aren't too late are we? Thanks for the advice! :wizard:

Akershus in Epcot for breakfast only. You will see al the princesses and have a decent meal plus have a picture package to take with you.
Book ASAP for July.

Akershus in Epcot for breakfast to see the princesses.
Tusker House breakfast in AK is our favorite for the food, atmosphere, and the characters (Mickey, Goofy, Minnie, Daisy and Donald is outside for pictures.)

We've always been satisfied with Chef Mickey's. All the classic characters and a good breakfast. The kids love watching the monorail pass through the hotel lobby while we eat. Depends on the characters your kids like most. We're really looking forward to breakfast at Crystal Palace in April, which I believe will include Pooh characters. So many people on here say that Crystal Palace is their favorite.

Akershus in Epcot for breakfast only. You will see al the princesses and have a decent meal plus have a picture package to take with you.
Book ASAP for July.

is the picture package only for breakfast ? we are going for dinner in May..

no it breakfast lunch and dinner. I just said breakfast because I prefer the food then only. I used to love the food at lunch & dinner but feel it has gone greatly downhill. But to each his own, you'll find someone who likes it more now. We used to do Akershus every single trip without fail now it's perhaps once per year and only for breakfast.

We did 6 character breakfasts on our trip in December. Here are our favorites:
1. Tusker House (great buffet - large and very good food) - The kids do a little parade around the restaurant, the characters are Donald (at the door for pics), Mickey, Goofy, & Daisy. Get on the safari ride as soon as you finish because it's entrance is right outside the restaurant. (FYI - lunch/dinner here is awesome too)
2. Princess Breakfast @Epcot (table service with cold/pastry buffet - great food - love the potatoes - never been to CRT - we're too cheap!) The building is cool (not as cool as the Castle, but you pay for that) and you get Belle at the door and 4 other princesses (our first trip - Jasmine, Mulan, Snow White, Aurora; our second trip - Cinderella, Ariel, Snow White, and Aurora) ** Don't miss the character meet and greet at Magic Kingdom - the princess line is much shorter (atleast the 2 days we did MK in December) than the Fairies. They spend a good deal of time with the kids talking, taking pics and signing autographs. The same is true for the Fairies, but you need to be in ToonTown before rope drop at 10am to get in line first so you don't have a 60 minute wait right off the bat.
** You also get pretty good princess greetings across Epcot. Jasmine was great with my DD2.5. She hugged her for a good minute and a half before she would let go of her so we could take our pictures. Check the schedule to see who is available, when and where.
3/4. Ohana or Crystal Palace (we loved them both equally - Ohana is family style with really good breakfast foods and fresh fruit -Crystal Palace is a medium size buffet with good food and a delicious made-to-order omelet station. - Ohana has earlier seatings so you should be able to hit rope drop and the preRD show with an early enough ADR - Crystal Palace was nice because we were in the park before it opened - it was beautiful and peaceful walking down mainstreet towards the castle. Ohana was really fun. The girls enjoyed the parade around the restaurant and loved Stitch! CP was fun also and who doesn't love Pooh and his friends?
5. Hollywood and Vine (big buffet with pretty good food). They have sing/dance time with Playhouse Disney toons. Characters are JoJo and Goliath (don't know why they haven't changed them with Handy Manny or someone else) and Leo and June (the Little Einsteins.)
6. Chef Mickey's (large buffet, but was the worst food -great characters but seemed rushed compared to everywhere else - the Big 5 - Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto & Donald) We probably won't do Chef Mickey's in the future.

We've been to the Princess Breakfast at Epcot twice and will go every trip - definite must do with two young girls.

Tusker House has become a must do for us for future trips. We loved being in Animal Kingdom preRope Drop.

We'll flip a coin for Ohana and Crystal Palace if we can't do both on our next trip.

Definitely pick your breakfast for the park you will be attending that day. Get there early and eat, then get on your favorite rides before the crowds get too big! My best advise for trying to be done eating before rope drop: take care of your ticket well in advance, especially if you are doing a Disney Dining Plan. It can take a long time to get done at the end of the meal when you are trying to rush and get out before the park opens. Taking care of paying early will allow you to enjoy your meal, enjoy the characters and leave when you want, not when the waiter decides to bring your check, your tip check, etc.

Have a great trip!!

My daughters love Chef Mickey's for breakfast. It's their favorite. Their second fav. is Akershus for dinner. We've always loved the dinner food. My girls prefer these two restaurants even more than Cinderella's Royal Table.

Our family favorite princess meal is lunch at CRT.

Our most favorite character meal is 'Ohana Lilo and Stitch breakfast.

Arkeshush is great for a princess meal. We've never done breakfast and prefer lunch over dinner. The photo package is included so that is a plus. We've done CRT and found the interaction a lot better at Arkeshush.

I love O'hana's. The characters are always great. Pluto is a couple of my guys favorite and he picks up on that I think. One trip he kept coming back to our table stealing our DD's little dog and hiding it in his mouth, flipping it in the air, ect. Another time he sat on the floor so he could play with the kids. The food is served family style so no need to get up and go to the buffet like other meals.

we had breakfast at CRT this past december. i know it takes up two meal credits, but honestly, the look on dd's face as she walked up the spiral staircase to the restaurant was priceless. for her, there was something about getting to be in the castle that was really important to her. she wanted to be IN the castle, not under it or by it...IN it! i think it is worth doing once if you have girls really into princesses.
i really liked the breakfast food and so did the kids. the time with the princesses was rushed a bit, but she really didn't know what to say to them anyway. she just wanted the pictures and the autographs. we got to sit by the window and look out over fantasyland. i loved the experience for her.

CRT without a doubt. With 3 princesses, there is nothing more special. DD3 loved it, and asked to go back in May! We really enjoyed Akershus, but CRT we love the atmosphere. We had lunch at CRT and the food was ok.

Sorry to hijack. I'm looking for the exact same information. :laughing:

Is it only Lilo and Stitch at the O'Hana breakfast?

I know my kids want to do a princess meal... My oldest loves Cinderella but I am still trying to get past the price of the CRT. :scared1:

Ohana Breakfast is Lilo, Stitch, Mickey & Pluto (can vary)

We have always seen Cinderella at Akershus and you can also see her 1900 Park Fare. Those options are somewhat cheaper than the Castle and the food has mixed reviews at all three. Akershus also has a photo package that is with Belle, where at the Castle it is with Cinderella. No photo package at 1900PF.
Hope this helps.

Thank you! Unfortunately from reading other reviews it doesn't appear that Cinderella is always at Akershus and she would be the main reason we went to a Princess meal.

I myself would prefer to go to Lilo and Stitch or the CP to see Winnie. :laughing:

Ohana Breakfast is Lilo, Stitch, Mickey & Pluto (can vary)

We have always seen Cinderella at Akershus and you can also see her 1900 Park Fare. Those options are somewhat cheaper than the Castle and the food has mixed reviews at all three. Akershus also has a photo package that is with Belle, where at the Castle it is with Cinderella. No photo package at 1900PF.
Hope this helps.

Thank you! Unfortunately from reading other reviews it doesn't appear that Cinderella is always at Akershus and she would be the main reason we went to a Princess meal.

I myself would prefer to go to Lilo and Stitch or the CP to see Winnie. :laughing:

We have been to Akershus perhaps 7-8 times and have always had Cinderella. The best thing about 1900PF or Akershus is you get better time with Cinderella at the table as opposed to the Castle where it is only downstairs. Also, the Princess Meet n Greet at Hall of Fame in Toontown you'll also get face time with Cinderella (although that is not always the same princesses either we have always had Cinderella).
I wouldn't go to the Castle just for meet with Cinderella, there are better places you'll have more time with her.
Just my 2 cents!

We have been to Akershus perhaps 7-8 times and have always had Cinderella. The best thing about 1900PF or Akershus is you get better time with Cinderella at the table as opposed to the Castle where it is only downstairs. Also, the Princess Meet n Greet at Hall of Fame in Toontown you'll also get face time with Cinderella (although that is not always the same princesses either we have always had Cinderella).
I wouldn't go to the Castle just for meet with Cinderella, there are better places you'll have more time with her.
Just my 2 cents!

Not stealing the thread, just thanks for all this info. We are going down on a very last minute, as well as our first trip, March 13-18. I am just scrambling around to get organized here and this forum is amazing! I called today and was able to get a late lunch at Akershus for my 4 and 2 year olds. Based on your suggestions I am defintely going to keep it and am now going to keep researching through everyones comments. Thanks a lot.

Our first trip was in July 09 We did breakfast at the castle and dinner at akershur hall. Just to have the experience of eating in the castle was awesome, but we all agreed that the princesses spent more time at akershus hall. We had ten people my family and my sisters family. Kids were 20, 16, 13, 13, 10, 4 Wide range none of them liked dinner but thought the princesses were much more personable. Also at crt Belle was in her peasent dress I don't know if this is always so. I figured it was so she was not competing with Cinderella. If your dd heart is set on belle's yellow dress I think that would be akershur. We did chef mickeys loud but it was pretty cool. Garden grill was alot of fun Chip and Dale were so funny. they were real cut ups. We dicided it was worth the money to see the characters at the meals in the cool instead of waiting in line Hope that helps Disney World really is the happiest place on earth:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: going back June 13th 2010

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter