Best Cabin site to request

PigletsPal

<font color=darkgreen>Lives in HURRICANE ALLEY<br>
Hi,

I'm a newbie to this board and going to WDW in Nov with the FTP staying at the Cabins.
I would like to know is there a special site that is better than others.

TIA

Welcome to the Camping board! You'll have lots of fun planning!! It has been several years since we stayed in the cabins (in the camper loops now) but I'm sure someone will have some advice for you.

2500 or 2600. These 2 loops are closest to the pool/laundry area. Also very convenient to a bus stop.

Have a great trip.;)

I think everyone's advice on choosing Loop 2500 was
correct...We requested that loop and we had a great
site! We stayed in cabin 2511 and had nice morning
sun and evening shade. I personally did not like
loop 2600. It was dark and marshy(seemed there would
be alot of bugs) and was very long compared to
2500. Also the cabins were very crammed together
and not very private. We stayed 12 days, so we wanted
to sit out on our deck and let the kids run around without
bothering anyone. Also ask for a cabin with a wheelchair ramp,
it almost totally assures you of a better situated cabin.
You have the normal size deck , plus the ramp on the front
of that. Loop 2500 is almost all ramp cabins, so they
spread out the cabins. The pool, laundry and bus stop is
very close and very convenient! We won't go anywhere
else besides Ft. Wilderness cabins, They were great!

Jill

We were in cabins 2603 and 2604. This was a great location. I didn't find this part of the loop dark or marshy. I also felt that we had plenty of privacy. We were very close to the beginning of the loop so the bus and even the pool was within close walking distance. We did rent a golf cart though to get around the campground and to park upfront at the buses & at the marina. If we did use the car we kinda cheated and would back up (shame, shame on us) to get out (instead of going all the way around because they are one way). We were very careful.

We had no problem with bugs. I did not see any while we were in our cabin nor did I see any that I can remember outside. And I am a bugaphobic. Maybe because we were there in the cooler months?

I would definitely request this loop again however I would definitely request the beginning or end of the loop because it is large and if you get stuck in the middle of this loop it would make for a long walk.

What loops are within walking distance of Pioneer Hall etc. I have a son with special needs so the closer to the main area the better. Thanks!

I also have a DS with special needs and am trying to reduce the amount of walking he has to do so which loop is the closest to everything?

Unfortunately none of the cabin loops are closed to Pioneer Hall, the 100, 200, 300 and 700 camping loops are very close by.

If you are staying in a cabin with someone who can't do a bit of walking I'd request in advance to be near a busstop and explain why. All the cabins are far from the marina area but closer to the Outpost area.

Golf carts help out, too, and are a LOT of fun!

Thanks guys, oh wouldn't DS and DH just love the carts, I totally forgot about them. Great idea.

If you want a golf cart, call and reserve one early! You can reserve a cart up to a year in advance (just did it for next July) and they really can go fast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter