Best Buy Amex offer excludes gift cards

Gator Kate

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
There’s a new offer today on a few of my Amex cards for $25 back on a $250 purchase. The fine print lists gift cards as excluded. I was disappointed to see this as I wanted to buy some Disney cards. I think this is the first time I’ve seen this exclusion. I just wanted to give my pals on the board a heads up.

I think most places limit the perks for gift cards since they are basically the same as cash. People used to make huge purchases of gift cards before stores got wise to that practice.

There’s a new offer today on a few of my Amex cards for $25 back on a $250 purchase. The fine print lists gift cards as excluded. I was disappointed to see this as I wanted to buy some Disney cards. I think this is the first time I’ve seen this exclusion. I just wanted to give my pals on the board a heads up.

Not exactly the same - but I purchased a $250 Disney gift card for $225 from Costco on Friday. Not sure if they are still running the promo, but may be worth looking into if your goal was to save on the gift card.

I suspect third party GC would still work. Best Buy eGC will not work because the charge goes through Cashstar. But third party GC (and I think physical Best Buy GC too but I have not tried) the charge comes from Best Buy. I checked an old charge and there is no L3 data that would show Amex what you bought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter