Best Buffet breakfast with/without characters?

We eat quite a few breakfast buffets because it’s the one meal our picky DGS enjoys! It also is an easy way to get character interaction without waiting in long lines. We’ve been for years and have avoided PPO garden grill breakfast but I can tell you how pleasantly surprised we were, Amd even with a young toddler, California Grill Sunday Brunch was amazing’

Hi all. I've been searching the threads and posts and there isn't anything really about this since 2017 that I can see.

Advice please on the best place for a buffet breakfast in WDW - I'm looking more for food variety/choice and value for money so it doesn't matter whether it's a character breakfast or not.

We're from the UK so we like our hot breakfast food as well as fruits, cereals, juices & coffees.

We are staying at AS Movies (12/9-12/12 so I know that Boma was a very popular place at DAK, is this still the case or are there others that people would recommend now over Boma.
Crystal Palace
Buffet restaurant at Contemporary

For breakfast we like to either go to Boma or the Wave. Both are good buffet without characters.

The best in my opinion is Grand Floridian at 1900 Park Fare. Coming in second, Cape May Buffet at Beach Club Resort.

Best breakfast at Disney, and best meal I've had anywhere at Disney, is the California Grill brunch. Outstanding food, great service, very relaxed. But it is only on Sundays, is really pricey (but worth 2 credits on the dining plan), and is a tough reservation to get. That's the only definite to-do on my dining list (haven't been to V&A).

Best breakfast at Disney, and best meal I've had anywhere at Disney, is the California Grill brunch. Outstanding food, great service, very relaxed. But it is only on Sundays, is really pricey (but worth 2 credits on the dining plan), and is a tough reservation to get. That's the only definite to-do on my dining list (haven't been to V&A).
Yes, I *LOVED* this. It's only because I am not there on a Sunday that this is not on my list this time.

Tusker House is our favorite character breakfast buffet, but Garden Grill is up there too. Not a buffet though.

Clearly I'm in the minority, but we weren't wowed by Boma. I'd go again if we were staying at AKL, but I wouldn't go out of my way for it.

I'm still bitter with disappointment, so I'd like to voice my bottom choice: AKERSHUS. Unless five kinds of pickled fish are your breakfast jam, not even princesses can save this utterly basic, overpriced option. :P
More seriously, gotta give it up for Garden Grill. High-quality farm sausages and those sticky buns! Sometimes it really is more about quality over quantity.

Tusker House! It's the only must do meal we have every trip. It's the only character meal that my DH enjoys and we'd go even without characters.

Wait not to high jinx Thai thread so sorry
But what about Ohana breakfast ? Pros cons ? We have a reservation and I’m in the fence

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!