Best Buffet breakfast with/without characters?

Lashed34

DIS Veteran
Hi all. I've been searching the threads and posts and there isn't anything really about this since 2017 that I can see.

Advice please on the best place for a buffet breakfast in WDW - I'm looking more for food variety/choice and value for money so it doesn't matter whether it's a character breakfast or not.

We're from the UK so we like our hot breakfast food as well as fruits, cereals, juices & coffees.

We are staying at AS Movies (12/9-12/12 so I know that Boma was a very popular place at DAK, is this still the case or are there others that people would recommend now over Boma.

I will second Boma but The Wave at the Contemporary is a fantastic buffet and they have a menu as well.
Trails End at Fort Wilderness is also fantastic.
Whispering Canyon at FLW is not buffet but they do have ALC options
Ale & Compass at the Yacht Club has a buffet option. You order your main meal and a smaller buffet is offered or you can just order off the menu.

Tusker house and GG are character breakfasts.

We had a great breakfast at Boma this summer. Large variety and everything was fresh and delicious.
The Wave also has a nice buffet. Much smaller than Boma, but the quality is very good and they have some unique items.

If characters aren’t important I would skip them because you’ll pay a premium without an improvement in food choice/quality.

I really like Trail's End at Fort Wilderness. It's great if you're planning a day at Magic Kingdom because after you eat you can just walk over to the dock and take a boat ride to the park.

We've never needed a reservation either, just show up and get seated almost right away.

It's always possible that the menu has changed but it was egg dishes, sausages, bacon, waffles, pastry, potatoes, yogurt parfait, and a really tasty "moonshine" juice (passion fruit, orange, guava).

Boma is a great buffet
Garden grill is one of my favorites for aycte platter w great character interaction
Crystal Palace is a steady offering

If variety/choice and value for money are the base line, I think Boma or Tusker House would be the best options. Both have the standard items but you can also be adventurous at each location with lots of items to expand your horizon. I personally never imagined trying Beef Bobotie (sp?). I did and it was really good.

Boma is just a buffet, Tusker house adds in characters. We did Tusker House. For us, it was the best of both worlds lots of food items but also the ability to knock out several character meets for our kids at one spot without a huge line/burning up a fast pass.

We liked Cape May the best of all the breakfast buffet we had with Characters. We haven't tried Tusker house for breakfast but it was great for lunch. Both have good character meet ups.

I also liked The Wave for a non-character buffet. It was good food and a decent price. We're going to try out Trail's End breakfast this coming Christmas and I've heard it's great.

I really like Trail's End at Fort Wilderness. It's great if you're planning a day at Magic Kingdom because after you eat you can just walk over to the dock and take a boat ride to the park.

We've never needed a reservation either, just show up and get seated almost right away.

It's always possible that the menu has changed but it was egg dishes, sausages, bacon, waffles, pastry, potatoes, yogurt parfait, and a really tasty "moonshine" juice (passion fruit, orange, guava).
Plus the brunch on the weekends also include fried chicken and ribs! Best of Trail's End.

The Wave is fantastic and I’m legitimately worried every time it’s posted about Disney is going to decide it’s too good of a deal and bump the price up.

Boma is my favorite breakfast buffet. We are specifically taking a Minnie Van in March from SSR to AKL one morning just to go to that breakfast buffet (okay, we will check out the animals on the savannah, too, but it's primarily focused on that food).

They have your standard breakfast food (Mickey & Simba waffles, bacon, potatoes, etc.), along with bread pudding and sticky buns with caramel sauce, goat cheese scrambled eggs, and delicious African-inspired dishes like pap and chaklaka and bobotie.

My 3 year old only ate the chocolate Krispy Kreme donuts....

Hi all. I've been searching the threads and posts and there isn't anything really about this since 2017 that I can see.

Advice please on the best place for a buffet breakfast in WDW - I'm looking more for food variety/choice and value for money so it doesn't matter whether it's a character breakfast or not.

We're from the UK so we like our hot breakfast food as well as fruits, cereals, juices & coffees.

We are staying at AS Movies (12/9-12/12 so I know that Boma was a very popular place at DAK, is this still the case or are there others that people would recommend now over Boma.
In my opinion, the three [3] best buffets at Disney are (in no particular order):

1.). Boma @ AKLodge. Has the largest variety of food, including some with the 'flavors of Africa'. It is a cut-above the rest. No characters.
2.). Fresh @ Dolphin. This is the only buffet that includes freshly pressed juices (i.e., carrot, wheatgrass, ginger, etc.). No characters.
3.). CA Grill @ Contemporary. This may be the most civilized meal I have eaten at Disney (that is not Victoria & Albert). It's pricey AND too much food. Only available on Sundays. No characters. The view, however, is priceless.

If you select in-Park characters, I'm partial to Tusker House (because I like Goofy & the subdued flavors of Africa served here). But I find Boma to be better food.

If you select out-of-Park characters, I'm partial to Cape May (because I like Goofy). But I find the food at 1900 Park Fare to be comparable (and my daughter likes Alice).

Be advised, I respect the opinions of many folks on these Boards who recommend The Wave. I don't agree. What they serve is of marginally better quality than at places like Cape May and Tusker House, for sure. But there is no meat carving station, there is no omelette station, and the oatmeal has virtually no fixings. You can ask for some of these items to be brought from the kitchen, but that kinda' defeats the reason to go to a buffet.

In my opinion, the three [3] best buffets at Disney are (in no particular order):

1.). Boma @ AKLodge. Has the largest variety of food, including some with the 'flavors of Africa'. It is a cut-above the rest. No characters.
2.). Fresh @ Dolphin. This is the only buffet that includes freshly pressed juices (i.e., carrot, wheatgrass, ginger, etc.). No characters.
3.). CA Grill @ Contemporary. This may be the most civilized meal I have eaten at Disney (that is not Victoria & Albert). It's pricey AND too much food. Only available on Sundays. No characters. The view, however, is priceless.

If you select in-Park characters, I'm partial to Tusker House (because I like Goofy & the subdued flavors of Africa served here). But I find Boma to be better food.

If you select out-of-Park characters, I'm partial to Cape May (because I like Goofy). But I find the food at 1900 Park Fare to be comparable (and my daughter likes Alice).

Be advised, I respect the opinions of many folks on these Boards who recommend The Wave. I don't agree. What they serve is of marginally better quality than at places like Cape May and Tusker House, for sure. But there is no meat carving station, there is no omelette station, and the oatmeal has virtually no fixings. You can ask for some of these items to be brought from the kitchen, but that kinda' defeats the reason to go to a buffet.

I think one of the biggest selling points of The Wave is great food and (relatively) low price. It being a less extensive buffet doesn’t bug me because of that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!