Best "behind the scenes" tour for a family?

Momager

Mouseketeer
My girls were so excited to do the Keys to the Kingdom tour on our trip November 2019 but unfortunately they will only be 13 & 14

So whats the best / your favorite tour for the entire family (grandparents included) in all the parks?

Thanks!

We did Wild Africa Trek a few years ago and loved it. It's quite an in-depth tour of the safari area in AK and includes a really great, small meal. It's not terribly intense and would be good for multi-generations, IMHO. Plus, they have photo pass photographers along with the tour and you get family photos included in the cost. We had a great time!

Your choices are limited with that age. We enjoyed Backstage Magic a lot

I think it's Marceline to Main Street that's like "Keys to the Kingdom -- Lite". I did it with my 12-year old and he enjoyed it. Unfortunately, we didn't get the special ride/tour of Haunted Mansion (it was having a hard time getting started that morning) but he enjoyed the tour (well, everything except the fact it started so early in the morning).

I did Keys to the Kingdom several years ago and won't deny it's better. But with the constraints, Marceline to Main Street was a good compromise.

We did Wild Africa Trek a few years ago and loved it. It's quite an in-depth tour of the safari area in AK and includes a really great, small meal. It's not terribly intense and would be good for multi-generations, IMHO. Plus, they have photo pass photographers along with the tour and you get family photos included in the cost. We had a great time!

I would really love to do this one some day... But it's just so expensive compared to Keys to the Kingdom or Marceline to Main Street. Maybe that will be our big splurge some trip. It does look great!

I used to recommend Behind the Seeds when it was only $12. But now that it's $25... well I'd rather upgrade to one of the medium-cost tours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter