Best beach for down day in October

eichfam

Earning My Ears
We will be in Disney from October 12 - 19. We want to take a down day and go to the beach. We will need to rent a car for the day to get there. The only beach experience my wife and kids have had was in California two years ago in April. The water was too cold and the beaches were not that great. I want them to have a better experience this time around. I am looking for a beach where the water will be warm enough to swim/play in and lots of sandy beach space to play around on too. I personally have been to a few beaches near Clearwater (grandparents lived near there in the 80's). Is the Gulf side better for the experience I am looking for or would either side be fine?

A day trip to the Seaside.

Atlantic Ocean will be colder than The Gulf.

Atlantic Ocean Choice of Cocoa Beach ( 1.30 hour drive each way ) .

Lots of sand but tide does come in & there will be deep slopes & currents in water for swimming .

Or

Daytona Beach also about a 1.30 hour drive each way

Gulf Coast

Water should be warmer.

Sandy beaches and shallow water so lots of wading out into gulf to get decent swimming

Be Careful Watch water Depth & Distance Travelled from Shore Line.

I would give Howard Beach at Tarpon Springs a look .

A Causeway leads through park to get to an island . ( Picnic area )

Well worth the 2 hr drive each way VIA Tampa ( Alt Hwy 19 )

Thanks for all the suggestions. We have narrowed the list to either Clearwater or Cocoa beach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!