Best Beach for Day Trip

Picabo

"Hi, my name is Picabo & I'm a Disboard-o-holic!!"
I know that Cocoa Beach is the closest to Orlando, but I'm not getting a ton of info on the beach itself. Can anyone recommend a beach 60-90 min away from Orlando that has snack bars/restaurants/souviner shops right there at the beach? Doesn't need to have a boardwalk or anything but just the type of beach you can park at and get up for a break to grab some lunch or go to a few shops without getting back into your car and reparking. THANKS!

Our favorite beach is Clearwater Beach. It's on the Gulf coast past Tampa. It takes a good 90 minutes + to get there, but it is worth it to us. There's lots of shops and restaurants that you can walk to from the beach area. It has white sands and most of the time the water is so clear you can see right through it. The aquarium from Dolphin Tale is in Clearwater on the mainland if that's something you're interested in.

Our favorite beach is Clearwater Beach. It's on the Gulf coast past Tampa. It takes a good 90 minutes + to get there, but it is worth it to us. There's lots of shops and restaurants that you can walk to from the beach area. It has white sands and most of the time the water is so clear you can see right through it. The aquarium from Dolphin Tale is in Clearwater on the mainland if that's something you're interested in.

I was going to suggest Clearwater Beach as well.

Clearwater Beach is our favorite too. It's farther than Coco, but worth the drive for us. There is a pier you can walk out on, etc. It's a big wide beach with great sand and lots of thing happening.

We went to Coco. The beach was great. They had umbrella and chair rentals. We went to one of the state parks (Lori Wilson) and didn’t explore much of the town. Except for the huge Ron Jon shop.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter