Best Beach Club 1 bed room requests?

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
We will be staying at BCV in a 1 bed for a few nights in May. What are some of your favorite room requests and why? This will be our first visit to BCV so I have no idea which rooms are closest to the pool, mug stations, best to walk to Epcot from, closest to water tax to HS. If there any "special" rooms with extra floor space (we will be bringing an air mattress)
Any and all advice and opinions GREATLY appreciated!!

None of the BCV villas are close to Stormalong Bay, the YC (and the Friendship boats) or the mug refill station. They are in a separate building behind the BC. It's a pretty small footprint for the building, too, so at most you save a few steps.

None of the BCV villas are close to Stormalong Bay, the YC (and the Friendship boats) or the mug refill station. They are in a separate building behind the BC. It's a pretty small footprint for the building, too, so at most you save a few steps.

Are there any room locations/variations for 1 bedrooms that are better than others? How long/far is the walk to Epcot and HS from the villas?

Exactly this.
That said, it isn't like you'll be walking a mile to any of these things from BCV to the main BC building. To be on one end of the hall vs the other doesn't save you much walking so I wouldn't let it be a factor.
Keep in mind also that if you're not on the ground floor, you'll be walking at least 1/3 of the way across the building to get to an elevator so you wouldn't be saving any steps there either.

Do 1BR at BCV have the fold down beds under the TV?
No. The one bedroom at BCV only has a king bed in the master bedroom and the queen sleeper sofa in the living room. That's it. GFV is the only WDW resort that has a murphy bed by the television in the one bedroom villa. OKW, BLT and AKV have the twin sized sleeper chair in the one bedroom villa.

Are there any room locations/variations for 1 bedrooms that are better than others? How long/far is the walk to Epcot and HS from the villas?
Like I already said, it's a small resort. It has two elevator banks, one centrally located and one smaller one near the entrance from the parking lot. It probably takes ten minutes or less to walk to Epcot and maybe twenty minutes at a stroll to DHS.

It mainly depends on what you want to look at. The leisure pool? A road behind the building? Other than that there's really no advantage to location at BCV.

The walk to Epcot is maybe 10 minutes (this is my party of 5, stroller included). We took the boat to HS mostly but I'd venture it's maybe a 15-20 minute walk? Again, the building is small enough that being on one end of the other saves you maybe one minute in either direction.

At average adult speed, Epcot 5 minutes, HS 23-25 minutes. Last visit part of the path near HS was boarded up with construction for the gondola, so add another 5 minutes if that is the case. From google maps:

upload_2019-2-13_18-24-45.png

Thanks for all the replies! I was thinking it was much more spread out than that. Is the parking lot close to the building or further out like Wilderness Villas?

Thanks for all the replies! I was thinking it was much more spread out than that. Is the parking lot close to the building or further out like Wilderness Villas?

It was built on the old valet parking lot. Parking is right off the end of the building.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!