• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

best bagels

alliecats

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have any input about the best bagels and cream cheese (preferably flavored) close to Swan?

I don't know where you are from, but from a New Yorker's point of view, I have yet to find a decent bagel at WDW. I call them bagel-shaped rolls. They taste more like Lander's, although they taste better than the travesty of bagel Thomas's sell.

Sorry for the vehemence, but I take my bagels very seriously.
:crazy: :p :jester:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Love it! Having been to NY last year, I now know that everything good I've ever heard about NYC bagels and cheesecake is true!!! Since I have no access to this bliss, I have resigned myself long ago to pseudo-bagels & see them more as a vehicle for cream cheese. And when you look at it that way, anything will do.:wave2:

Sorry but I haven't found a good bagel anywhere in Florida.

There is a spot in the Swan lobby that is open to serve continental breakfast (it becomes a lounge later in the day). It is right before you leave the hotel to head towards the boat dock or Dolphin. They serve toasted bagels and cream cheese. The bagels are definitely nothing special but no worse than you could find anywhere else. There are lots of little tables to sit at and newspapers provided. One thing I thought was nice was they had those syrups for flavoring your coffee available right there next to the cream and sugar for you to help yourself.

There are NO good bagels outside New York. Period. End of Discussion.

Well, maybe "period" but not the end of the discussion if any other non-New Yorkers want to kick in about a nice little place to grab a quick bagel--authentic or not. We don't all get to live in NY, unfortunately! Some of us just have to make do! :wave2:

Fountainview Cafe at Epcot sells bagel, and I presume you can find some at Boardwalk Bakery. The Yacht Club resort also sells continenal breakfast at the bar.

:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter