Best and Worst - Table Service @ Disney Springs

pkrieger2287

Senior Editor - DVC Fan
Would love to see and Best and Worst for table service Restaurants at Disney Springs... I believe there is enough options there now to really open up that debate and if made into a FB Poll I'm curious to see how some stack up based on some people's choice due to the restaurant's theme and possibly not the food quality.

My early assumption is that the results of this will possibly make both Pete, and many others including myself lose our minds. Haha

Great idea! I would love to see this. I really wish they would make their best and worst videos longer and more in depth tbh. Such interesting topics that could lead to debate and discussion worthy of much longer than a 10-15 minute video.

I definitely think something covering the restaurants at Disney Springs would be great as there are so many choices I think a lot of people aren't even aware of them all or don't know which ones to pick

This one I thin would definitely suffer from the current format where somethings would get a low number of votes not because it is bad but because people haven't been there to rank it as one of their favorite. I mean, how many people have been to the Polite Pig yet, for example?

Maybe instead of Best and worst with the poll structure just have a few of the team go through what they think their top 5 places are or something

There are so many good options at Disney Springs now it's so hard for me to choose. I love Homecoming, and boathouse. I loved Portobello and am excited for the new restaurant there. I still need to try Frontera, Morimoto, Paddlefish, and Polite Pig. House of Blues is good. Wolfgang Puck express is a fantastic quick service.

I don't think they/we could do a best and worst yet. Like Pete, I can't rate based on one visit; Boathouse or Homecomin was fantastic it's opening month, but a re-visit would be needed to give them a fair ranking, especially against restaurants that have been there a few years.

I feel you get much better options, food, and service since DS is not totally controlled by Disney, and many of the top sit downs around the world are the ones not owned/operated by Disney (rainforest not included). But since there are so many restaurants that have opened in the past year I only care about the opinion of locals or the lucky ones who have the chance to eat three or four times before reviewing them. Every place has nights where they are way better and way worse than their average.

There are a ton I haven't been to, but of those I have the top would be:
- Moirmoto's
- Raglan Road
- Homecomin'

If we include more bar type places I would add Jock Lindsey's

I do love seeing Corey show @Teleclashter how to drink, but I fear that now, that he is about to hit 40, he may need to pass the torch on.

I've been trying to figure out where to eat on our Disney Springs day, and the Boathouse bar sounds wonderful! Keep posting - help me make up my mind. It's our 20th, and I have a feeling alcohol will figure prominently, LOL!

I've been trying to figure out where to eat on our Disney Springs day, and the Boathouse bar sounds wonderful! Keep posting - help me make up my mind. It's our 20th, and I have a feeling alcohol will figure prominently, LOL!
Happy and healthy anniversary, hope the day - and trip- is magical!

Happy anniversary!

For drinks I really like Jock Lindsey's - fun place with some artifacts from the Adventurer's Club. If you are into beer Raglan Road has a good bottle list. Polite Pig has solid beer too

The margarita stand just started having throwback drinks to what we're at the old Pleasure Island (a lot are on the sweeter side if you like that)

With Wolfgang Pucks closed... What do you guys think will be the worst?

T-Rex
Rainforest
and

I will counterpoint that Bart Scott (Ears of Steel) and Josh from EasyWDW both advocate that the Landry restaurants both have a bad rep and are better than suggested.

T-Rex
Rainforest
and

I will counterpoint that Bart Scott (Ears of Steel) and Josh from EasyWDW both advocate that the Landry restaurants both have a bad rep and are better than suggested.

I'd have to go with Planet Hollywood... I just don't get the hype some people have over that place and even with the new look and upgraded menu it lacks a lot of the originality many other Disney Springs restaurants have.

I'd have to go with Planet Hollywood... I just don't get the hype some people have over that place and even with the new look and upgraded menu it lacks a lot of the originality many other Disney Springs restaurants have.

the other thing with Planet Hollywood is that it seems like there are other places at Disney Springs that have better versions of the food at PH - and often cheaper

Like, the burgers are pretty good at PH - but not as good as at D-Luxe

The fried chicken is pretty good ... but not as good as at Homecomin'

etc.

We'll be going to Disney World at the end of July, we'll do bowling for the kids at night and snacking during the day, so keep the suggestions coming. Right now on my list of to try are the Coke Floats, the fries and dipping sauces at D-Luxe Burger and Morimoto's quick service items.

T-Rex
Rainforest
and

I would add Morimoto Asia to that list. It has easily been the most disappointing meal we've ever had on Disney property!

I would add Morimoto Asia to that list. It has easily been the most disappointing meal we've ever had on Disney property!

really? what did you get? We've only eaten there once but it was one of our best meals. Loved the Rock Shrimp and the duck and the kids meals were great (and came with origami sheets to keep them busy) and we had probably the best server we have ever had on Disney property

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!