Best amt of days vs budget

toonaspie

Just a poser
For someone who hasn't been back at Disney World for more than a decade, what do you think is the best length (amount of days) for a solo traveler to get their Disney fix without it being too long or too short? I'm mostly a park person. But since I'm going alone I might be interested in doing other stuff as well. I can be super spontaneous in big places.

What is the avg trip length for a solo traveler? More importantly, what do you budget for such an affair? So far my main resort of choice is Pop Century but I'm too damn tempted to upgrade to possibly POR depending on how long I'm staying. Would the upgrade be worth it for say 4-5 days?

My instinct would be, especially with Pandora open now, a minimum of four. Now, you could probably go for up to a week and still be ok, but that would depend on if you wanted to go to any of the Disney water parks or anything outside of Disney(Universal just opened a big water park, or you could do Seaworld(which has some newer stuff this year), or take a day trip to Canaveral/Cocoa Beach, Tampa, or St Augustine. A lot to do in Orlando too.). I would probably say 4-6 days, with leaning more towards 5-6 days if you can.

would say 5 days - now when I went often - would always stay at oKW - that was where my ownership was and it was pretty wonderfully.

that say when I want to go more often (and points were gone) we went with Pop Century - it was just fine.

With 4 main Disney parks, to me the absolute minimum is 4 days--one per park. That is for ANY group of ANY size and composition.
To me, the more the better. I will be there solo in November for 9 nights. I have planned 9 very full park days plus short park days on my arrival and departure days. I think I will have my fill of Disney temporarily after that trip.
BTW I always stay at Pop. I thought about upgrading to CSR when the only "value" available was AOA which costs more than any of the moderates, but I ended up not taking that trip. I would be quite willing to stay at the All Stars, but I love the theming at Pop and always seem to end up there.

I'm of the mindset - the more the better. For me a minimum of 5 nights/6 days but the best trip I had solo was 7 nights/8 days. I just can't get enough.

I'm of the mindset - the more the better. For me a minimum of 5 nights/6 days but the best trip I had solo was 7 nights/8 days. I just can't get enough.

Also depends how often you can go. I often take 3-4 day trips to different places because of my flexible work schedule(pretty much self employed) and no other commitments. It really depends on what works for each person.

I've thought it out and I'm going to take the whole week off to make this work (why not?) That should make 6-7 days feasible and just right for me.

I even started a PTR come check it out.

I've thought it out and I'm going to take the whole week off to make this work (why not?) That should make 6-7 days feasible and just right for me.

I even started a PTR come check it out.

I managed to eek out six days. Getting a parkhopper plus on my arrival(HS) day, and on departure day using it for a round of golf at Oak Trail and a day at Typhoon Lagoon.

I have done a couple of 4 day trips solo. Too short for my taste. My minimum is 7 days. Even thought I get in early (usually land at MCO around 8AM) and pretty much have the travel day to enjoy a park I love the leisure of a 7 day trip. My very first WDW trip was 10 days. I'm SOOOO glad I did that. Really got to experience everything. But these days I prefer a moderate resort so I doubt I'll do that again due to costs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!