Best airline for CA to HI and back?

Hawaiian Airline has better service imo. The planes are newer and cleaner as well.

I've had a lot of luck getting cheap 1st class upgrade on Alaska, though . . . so it's a toss-up.

If we're comparing coach to coach, Hawaiian wins it by a mile.

Unless something has changed Southwest has only two bathrooms, no power jacks, no food and no entertainment. Fine for two hours, not for 6
Three bathrooms (2 in back, 1 in front) and entertainment with the air play app. WiFi is satellite based so no issues there and only $8. They also give out a snack pack, drinks, and cookies. Our flight out from San Jose was 5 hours, back 4.5. We sat through the Avengers movie for 3 hours no problem, so a SW plane is fine for us lol.

We will be flying Southwest in November. I hate hate hate that airlines charge for luggage when flying to Hawaii and of course charge for seat assignments. Honolulu is a 10 hour flight for us. Flying to Europe is quicker and luggage is complimentary. I am not a grumpy grouch (ha!) but if I can fly another way without paying an extra $400 for my family I will do it. $400 can go toward something else fun while in Hawaii.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter