best airfare to Hawaii

If you're booking on points, you'll likely want to secure that first and then book airfare. But consider whether you would go regardless of airfare cost. For us, there can be such a large variation in the cost of airfare that at times its cost prohibitive for us to go. We'd have to look at alternative dates. That said, we come from the east coast and I lean towards Delta because this is the one flight where aircraft and amenities factor into my decision. I'm willing to pay slightly more to have that 9+ hours of comfort.

Can't believe I just did this...

So I was on this Disboards and saw this thread, then started looking on Kayak for cheap flights to Hawaii from Orlando, just out of curiosity. I looked at October trips to Hawaii, as I just had to cancel our upcoming 7-night Oct Western Caribbean DCL cruise as we knew we weren't going to be able to afford it. I couldn't believe my eyes: $374 round trip from Orlando to Honolulu on AA for Oct 31st-Nov 5th! I took a HUGE leap of faith and booked 2 tickets this morning! I say huge because I'm hoping we can stay at Aulani on points and we don't own there (we're at SSR). We have enough points for any Studio or 1-Bedroom, so I'm going to wake up early 7 months out and hope for the best. My backup plan is to get whatever nights we can at Aulani and book any nights we can't get at the Marriott.

I don't know whether to profusely thank you OP or to curse you lol... it all depends on if we get to stay at Aulani!!! Either way, I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best. I did see that that time of year is off-season in Hawaii, so hopefully that works in our favor. Sometimes you gotta just take a chance!!! :) If all works out though, thanks in advance OP!!! :worship:

That's wonderful!! I've said all along, you just have to watch, even every day. The prices change constantly. But the cheap ones do show up.

That's wonderful!! I've said all along, you just have to watch, even every day. The prices change constantly. But the cheap ones do show up.

You’re so right- yesterday I checked those flights that I just booked a few days ago and they’ve already more than doubled in price!

You shouldn't have problems booking 7 months out. I did that for President Day's weekend 2 years ago and got the standard view with the least amount of points (only a couple of them). If you can, get the 1-bd room because of the kitchen. You'll end up saving $$. I don't need views since we'll be out there on the beach almost all day.

Good luck! Great score. :)

Our first trip to Aulani is now 5 months away. For several months now, I’ve been watching the cost of flights out of Boston and wonder how much longer I should wait before booking. For those who travel to Hawaii often, will the price drop any more if I wait another month or more?

Our first trip to Aulani is now 5 months away. For several months now, I’ve been watching the cost of flights out of Boston and wonder how much longer I should wait before booking. For those who travel to Hawaii often, will the price drop any more if I wait another month or more?
What are you seeing for prices? It might go lower, but it might go higher. My girlfriends got mid april for about 510 and my mother go late may for $499. So the prices DO go low. But if you're afraid of them going up, I"d probably jump when they hit around 700.

We are planning our first ever trip to Aulani. So excited and don't know where to even begin! I guess my first question is where do you go for the best airfare? Do you find the airfare first, and then book your room? We will be staying on points. Our home resort is OKW, so I guess that means we have to wait until six months prior. Will that be an issue? Do they book up? We were thinking next year sometime. Thanks in advance.

I used google flights and booked flights on Delta approximately two months before our trip from Denver to Honolulu for $350 roundtrip. The low fare is entirely the reason we’re even going to Aulani. It includes a two hour layover on the way to Honolulu and a four hour layover on the way back to Denver. It’s also a “basic fare” so it doesn’t include seat assignments.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts