Best activities at Animal Kingdom for 3 yr old (girl)

Realfoodfans

DIS Veteran
After great success organising our Epcot day with help from more experienced visitors I'd love the same suggestions for Animal Kingdom please!!!

Last year at 3yo my DD loved:

- Triceratop Spin
-Boneyard
-Kali River Rapids (I think we did this 4 times, she couldn't get enough)
-Kilimanjaro Safari
-Both jungle treks
-Festival of Lion King

Honestly, she loved everything about AK. The only attraction she wasn't crazy about was Nemo Musical (too long for her attention span)

My youngest had fallen asleep in the stroller when we were at the Boneyard, but his 5 yr old brother loved it. The M&G at Adventurer's Outpost was nice and relaxed (and air conditioned). My youngest even gave Mickey a high five and he is skittish of characters. Both the Lion King and Nemo shows were highlights for him too.

We had a large group (2 kids, 6 adults) so we planned to keep the kids at the Boneyard while the grownups used their Expedition Everest FPs in shifts. It worked well for us.

My kids never thought ITTBAB was all that scary, but my three-year-old was shrieking in terror at the beginning of the Nemo show after Nemo's mom was eaten by a shark...

My boys love the Mickey and Minnie meet and greet there and the Boneyard. Super boring for parents but they adore it. We also live walking behind the tree of life and spotting all of the animal carvings. Last time we went over to the Planet Watch and met Doc and Rafiki. That was great. Both lines were short when we got in them and Rafiki has been our fav meet and greet.

I agree with the list Minniemoo gave, but would add that my son LOVED playing in the water jets by the lockers for Kali! It was quite possibly his favorite thing in the park. Also, he's always really liked ITTBAB, so you have to consider what your daughter may like or be fearful of. Have not yet seen Rivers of Light, so I don't know if it is good for a 3 year old, but we will be trying it with our 4 yo and 1 yo in December!

Another vote for Boneyard. However, my kids loved It's Tough To Be A Bug. The Pandora section is cool, too, and my kids loved the section where you could play "drums." The only things my kids didn't like at AK was the Dinosaur ride. (Your DD prob wouldn't be tall enough for that anyway.)

My boys love the Mickey and Minnie meet and greet there and the Boneyard. Super boring for parents but they adore it. We also live walking behind the tree of life and spotting all of the animal carvings. Last time we went over to the Planet Watch and met Doc and Rafiki. That was great. Both lines were short when we got in them and Rafiki has been our fav meet and greet.
Do they let you take a beer and/or snacks into Boneyard?

Another vote for Boneyard. However, my kids loved It's Tough To Be A Bug. The Pandora section is cool, too, and my kids loved the section where you could play "drums." The only things my kids didn't like at AK was the Dinosaur ride. (Your DD prob wouldn't be tall enough for that anyway.)
Everyone loves Boneyard but it may not be suitable as little ones older brother has special needs and cannot climb. Definitely taking changes of clothes for water play in any of the parks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter