Best 1st night hotel near MCO about $100 a night

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
Our plane arrives at MCO about 9 PM - with our luggage off the rack
it will be about 9:45 PM or 10 PM

Our WDW resort will cost us $240/night.

Best option for us is to stay near MCO the first night at another hotel off site
with free transpiration to their hotel from MCO.
We would like a bed-bug-free resort and nice beds to sleep in.

What off-site hotel near MCO would you recommend?

Then take the car service with the food store option from the off-site resort
to our WDW resort about 10 am. We could drop off our luggage and go to the Parks nice and refreshed.

Thank you !

If we splurge ad stay at the
HYATT REGENCY ORLANDO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
Which I think is in the airport....
We can get an AAA rate of $207

If we arrive on a Tuesday night, sleep our first night at the Hyatt, can we still take the WDW Express bus from MCO on Wednesday, the next day, to our WDW resort ?

I talked to WDW on a chat - YES :) we can take the ME bus the next day because our reservation at the WDW resort would start the next day, the day we would take the ME bus !

We would carry our luggage to the ME bus desk and have it loaded on the bus (where the luggage compartment is)
I assume our personal carry on could come with us onto the bus. (camera case, small back pack, my purse)

And the
HYATT REGENCY ORLANDO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT is not on the beg bug registry list ;)

There are several options. I usually just pick one with good reviews on Hotwire that has an airport shuttle. Breakfast is an added perk if available. We'll shuttle to the hotel and then back to the airport the following morning. The drop off is normally close to where DME is.

Without a date, it's tough to give concrete reservations. Unlike Disney, "normal" hotels can vary drastically in price from day to day. I've stayed in a full-service Hilton for $67/night and seen the exact same room selling for over $200 the next night.

Personally, if I can get an equal-quality hotel for over $100 less, I'll spend the extra 20-40 minutes dealing with shuttles each way. That said, I've stayed at the Hyatt at the Orlando International Airport and it's a very good hotel.

I'm in a similar boat except we get in at midnight...then to get luggage....it's gonna be LATE. I checked the hyatt at the airport and the rate is $250 for the night we need it...and I need two rooms, so that's a no go. I can stay at POP for $150 each room, but I really don't want to do that if I don't have to since it adds the drive to WDW.

We recently stayed at the Hampton Gateway near the airport for one night before an early flight. No issues and it was very affordable. $150ish

Personally, I agree that its a good idea to get a hotel with a free shuttle to and from airport for less than $100/nite. Go to tripadvisor to find the reviews and then use a discount website to book the one you want. I think you will be fine. Tripadvisor is a good tool to use for judgement. I see at least 5 hotels/motels that are less than 5 miles from the airport with free shuttles to/from airport. They seem to be decent places for sleep and shower for one night. Comfort Suites gets 4 out of 5 stars on tripadvisor. Not sure of your dates but I put in the 2nd week of November and got it at $69/nite on booking.com.

We have stayed several times at the Embassy Suites at the airport. Nice clean rooms, airport shuttle, and excellent breakfast included in the rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter