Best 1 credit Deluxe Dining Plan Restaurant/Value

gskywalker

DIS Veteran
My wife an I are doing a split DVC stay in November(hopefully if the border is open). All the articles I find say that the best 1 credit values for the regular dining plan instead of the best 1 credit deluxe dining plan values, but when apps are included it can make a big difference. We are trying to avoid the buffets because we can always get those with the regular dining plan but will consider it. We already plan to go to Jiko and Cali during our 3 nights.

Look at Toledo in the Destino Tower of CSR. Best use of a deluxe 1 credit. Great Views. Very Good Food.

I enjoy Tutto Italia on DlxDP, along with Turf Club and Grand Floridian Cafe. I am not a seafood eater, and like plain foods, so I sometimes have trouble finding someplace with both an app and a dessert that appeal.

Sebastian's at CBR has very good food. You can hit $60+ pp between apps, entrees, desserts and drinks. The food is very different from either Jiko or Cali Grill.
I'd say the Wave is another, but if you are already eating at Cali Grill it fairly similar.
We enjoy Chefs de France at Epcot has very good food on the menu and is a good value as well. A little something different than Jiko and Cali as well.
Morimoto Asia at lunch is a 1 service credit and we enjoyed our meals in both WDW and Vegas.
Have not eaten at Toledo but the restaurant is beautiful and the menu is interesting.
Ohana and Sanaa are always a good value.
Storybook seems to be a decent deal as well, but we have not dined there yet.

Last edited:

My wife an I are doing a split DVC stay in November(hopefully if the border is open). All the articles I find say that the best 1 credit values for the regular dining plan instead of the best 1 credit deluxe dining plan values, but when apps are included it can make a big difference. We are trying to avoid the buffets because we can always get those with the regular dining plan but will consider it. We already plan to go to Jiko and Cali during our 3 nights.

Assumes food-quality is the primary objective (in no particular order):

Chefs of France
Spice Table
Sanaa
Homecomin'
Frontera Cocina
........are my 'favorite' 1-credit places.....that are not the breakfast buffet at Boma.

Wine Bar George could be on that list too, but we've not been there enough for me to truly recommend.

Last edited:
Don't overthink it. The reason for all the discussion of dining plan "value" for regular dining plan is that it can be a close call whether you save or lose money on the regular Disney Dining plan given you only get on TS meal a day. That's not really the case on the DxDP, because the per-meal cost is much lower and you get an appetizer as well. You are going to come out "ahead", even at an inexpensive restaurant. So I wouldn't stress too much about value--just get the best food.

For example, I can order the cheapest things on the menu at Via Napoli at each course: $10 caprese salad, $19 cheese pizza, $10 gelato, and drink water, and still come out at $41.54 after tax, saving money on the $39.67 per-meal cost under the DxDP. Yet that meal is a comparively "bad" value compared to almost every other TS restaurant.

And as always, what you order can have a huge impact. If I eat at Via Napoli but order the $20 calamari, $36 steak, and $15 coppamisu and wash it down with an $18 cocktail, that same one credit at Via Napoli is a $94.79 value.

Thanks everyone, so far we have booked Sanaa, Morimoto's, Toledo, Skippers Canteen, Jikos and California Grill. Have 1, one credit meal left for a lunch. We are leaning towards a 10:30 reservation at Tusker house to get the end of breakfast and start of lunch while having a big enough time gap before our 5:15 reservation at California Grill. Don't want to be too full for Cali. Out of those restaurants the only one we have eaten at before is Sanaa, but we figure this time it will be kid free which will make it a different experience.

So, a couple of ideas off the top of my head:

Enzo's Hideaway at Disney Springs. If you don't have plans for a Sunday, they have the Sunday supper meal which...last I checked is a dining plan credit. But, if you don't do the Sunday supper, I'd say you still get a lot of food between app and entree and dessert, plus a drink.

Grand Floridian Cafe would be my other choice, depending on what you get. Grand Floridian Cafe can be pretty affordable, but if you get some of the higher tiered items, it would absolutely be worth a dining credit.

Doesn't matter now. We are not sure what we are going to do without a dining plan. We have to find a way to use up our DVC points but likely we won't be able to cross the border and if we can we will have to quarantine there and be unable to go to the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!