Besides Aulani, where else can we get shaved ice?

As you leave Aulani going toward Waikiki, you will pass Waikele Outlet Mall, near the Leonard's Malasada truck, there's also a shave ice truck so you don't HAVE to drive out to the North Shore to get shave ice. There's also Island Shave Ice in Kapolei.
As a local, I prefer shave ice places that use fresh fruit to make their syrups instead of the artificially flavored syrups. If you are going to the North Shore, I'd advise Kula Shave Ice North Shore in Haleiwa which is a fresh fruit syrup spot. You can find them on Instagram for pictures. Uncle Clay's House of Pure Aloha in Aina Haina is another fresh fruit syrup spot as well as Island Vintage Shave Ice in Royal Hawaiian Center, Waikiki.
Other local shave ice shops include Baldwin's Sweet Shop in Aiea, Ice Garden in Aiea (regular shave ice plus Taiwanese shave ice toppings), Island Snow in Kailua has been visited by Barack Obama, Shimazu's Shave Ice in Honolulu or their 2nd location next door to Rainbow Drive Inn on Kapahulu on the way to the Honolulu Zoo. Waiola Shave Ice is near the University of Hawaii.

The shave ice kiosk is called Mountain Magic. We stop by at this kiosk a few times on each visit to Aulani.

Matsumoto Shave Ice on the North Shore is probably the most famous, but I've heard via rumor that Disney is somehow partnered with them and actually uses the same ingredients.
I too like their shave ice a lot. Get there early though, lines can be looooong

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter