Berwyn and Delyth's Anniversary Trip Part4

BCT

Mouseketeer
Wednesday 1st June
Another sunny day. Temperatures have been in the 70's all week and by the afternoon it was nearer 80F , but I'm getting ahead of myself.
Down for breakfast for 7.45am. straight in again but today the queue at the desk soon built up after 8.
It's really hard to drag yourself out of bed so early, but worth it .
Someone mentioned in a thread that they didn't check ticket times , but they did with us.
We need tickets for Lion King today (thanks to Russ for reccomending the show), so its straight to the front of Videopolis for tickest as said in the park leaflet . Thanks to a passing lady we were told to go round the back as that's where the ticket booth was.
Warning go round past Star Tours to the entrance to Discoveryland station, they're not queueing for the train.
It was 10.30am and there was already a Queue there so get there early .
Ticket issue started 11am and we got tickets for the 12noon show.
We enjoyed it much better than the Olando show, because the theatre is smaller you can see and hear everything.
As soon as it finished we rushed accross to the Froteirland Theatre to see Tarzan, just in time ot was a job getting there the park semms busier today.
It's adifferent type of show and we enjoyed it more than LK.
It's nearly 2.00pm so we went for lunch again at NY Deli.
Met Dw's work Colleague there( it's amazing you see anyone more than once in this place) with her DH and DS. they arrived day before us and are staying at DH.
It's getting relly hot so we went in the shade up and down Main Street browsing the shops.
Then as It was soon to be parade time we sat on the benches opposite the Royal castle Stage to watch the Parade, handy for a rest but exposed to the sun. the parde was Magical.
When they had passed we went up the Main Street arcade and caught the last half of the parade again as it was finishing at the top of MS.
From there we strolled through the Village (I've brought my Prisoner T shirt but not worn it because it's black and too hot).
King Ludwig's have a happy hour 5 till 6 buy one beer get one free.
We were going to the SL but as it's our last evening :sad2: and such fine weather I went up on Panoramagique in case the wether changes and I don't get a chance again.
DW won't come she sat under the trees and waited.
It's a smooth ride up but at the top does float slightly from side to side in the breeze.
You can see for miles up here and not as bad as going up the Eiffel Tower.
I din't realise how close the Cheyenne and Santa Fe hotels are, the brochure makes them sound really far away.
It does lean to one side when everyone goes over to one side because most people want to look out over the Village and Parks , but seems quite safe.
Back on solid groud we thought we'd get tea early while it was quiet and went King Ludwig's We both had the mixed grill ( and buy one getone free beer) The surroundings and atmosphere are great but the portions are small and DW's duck was not cooked through, so back it went to be cooked properly. For what you get it's very expensive you get much better value elsewhere. ( Beaver Tavern for example).
Aswe'd had food anda sit down we went back into the park, on Snow Whte and then DW wanted to go on IASW just to see what it was like.
AAGH!! my brains are running out of my ears :earseek: this ride should have optional earplugs , 'cos if you were of sound mind going you won't be when you come out! LOL :rotfl:
We got out of the park just before chucking out time , back to room to pack and then had a lazy evening in the Redwood lounge.
I managed to catch weather forecast for tomorrow in French 26C it says, must have been that today

Wow! You had it hot!!
You just gotta love that buy one get one free haven't you!! Wish they'd done that on my long cool cocktail at the DLH - sigh!!
Weve been to both the SF and Cheyenne and they are only about 7 mins slow walk along the Mesa River. Not sure I like the sound of that balloon and better than I liked it when I was looking up from the ground! In fact, you described it so well, I feel, er, all overcome and queasy!!! :rotfl2:

great reports i really enjoyed them. It is lovely to hear how you enjoyed your holidays. :cheer2:
nikki

Great report Berwyn and a lovely day. I so know what you mean about IASW, LOL

Lovely reports Berwyn, sounds like you both had a very special anniversary trip.

Rhiannon :wizard:

Thank you ALL for the lovely comments.
Just got in from work and am on the way to bed . If I get time I'll put up the last day this afternoon.

If you've been up Blackpool Tower or the London Eye the balloon is no worse

Berwyn

Hi Berwyn

Just read your 3 trip reports in one go while I had peace and quiet. It sounds like you had a great time and overall the weather seemed good, much better than at home at least !
The trip to Paris sounded really good. We did the night time illuminations trip when we were staying in Paris last time and loved it.
I have often wondered what we would do in WDW, DLP with no children in tow, we have gone down from 4boys with us to only one. My DH is very keen to go without any kids but I think I would feel like I'd lost an arm. ( maybe that is just a mother thing ) With 21 years between our eldest and youngest DS's though we could have grandchildren with us before our youngest son flighs the nest.( Sadly our youngest son, Jonathan never got to experience Disney, he's our very own little star )
We will be staying at SL it sounds like it is a good place to eat and the breakfast sounds good too.
Glad you had such a great time.

Am enjoying reading your trip reports Berwyn - sounds like you filled your time pretty well! Looking forward to number 5!!

Yet another very enjoyable report Berwyn!:flower:
DH and I want to do the balloon. There is one in the gardens at Bournemouth and we did it a few years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. I don't mind heights so long as I feel secure. If our DD's don't want to do it, we will just take turns to wait with them while the other one does it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter